Administrative Assistant External Relations
Administrative Assistant External Relations
Department: External Relation Administration
Posting Number: 201301320P
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Number of Months: 12
Work typically performed during standard business hours. May require occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks.
This position will have responsibilities which require travel to all 3 campuses.
Open Date: 03/30/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Summary Information
This position supports the functions of the Associate Vice President for External Relations by performing a wide variety of administrative support activities for the AVP and his/her office. Serves as a liaison between the AVP, the University, and the external community as well as leader among other support staff. The position functions under minimal general supervision, independently performing challenging work in high volume, fast-paced environment.
The functions listed are representative of duties typically performed by this position. Staff may perform some but not all and/or may be assigned additional duties specific to unit.
1.Provides administrative support to AVP and his/her office in a variety of functions/areas that may include but are not limited to:
2. Provides AVP/Office with a variety of budget and financial support:
3. Coordinates logistics for meetings/events and other activities which may include catering service, technical support, meeting invitations, guests list, presenters, speakers, meeting venues, transportations and others both on and off campus.
4. Maintains records, prepares forms, verifies information and resolves issues requiring knowledge of unit. Maintains office filing system including hardcopy system, electronic system and various databases.
5. Oversees unit's administrative tasks to ensure unit runs efficiently and timely.
6. Attends various school or university-wide meetings acting as school/AVP's representative and upon request may serve on various committees.
7. Provides technical support to others within office on University supported software applications and may support the update and maintenance of web-site.
8. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned or requested.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work typically performed during standard business hours. May require occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks. Occasional travel may be required. This position will have responsibilities which require travel to all 3 campuses. Office may be located in either Stockton or Sacramento.
Valid driver's license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University's fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
To apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/11723
AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.