Dean of Student Affairs
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Dean of Student Affairs. The Dean of Student Affairs serves as the Chief Student Affairs Officer of the College, providing strategic leadership, operational management, and budgetary oversight for the Student Affairs Division of the College. The Dean supplies vision, planning, and leadership for the active integration of enrollment management and student success strategies and goals throughout the college. This position plays a major role in and will direct decisions and implementation of policies and processes that affect all aspects of student recruitment, admissions, retention, completion, and conduct.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
- Developing, planning, implementing and assessing the college's comprehensive Student Affairs activities and initiatives including:
- Support program planning and development.
- Long and mid-term planning to meet Student Success, recruitment, enrollment and retention needs.
- Lead efforts to assess program efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Conducting oversight and providing leadership in Student Life initiatives of Edison State Community College, including assisting the Director of Athletics and Student Life in developing, planning, implementing and assessing efforts to build a robust student life program at the institution.
- Coordinating compliance with Ohio Department of Higher Education guidelines and initiatives.
- Participating in strategic planning.
- Providing management of outreach initiatives including College Credit Plus and other enrollment initiatives.
- Lead the integration and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies and activities on an inter- and intra-departmental basis.
- Prepare and oversee multiple budgets
- Assist in the development of grant proposals to provide unique funding to assigned programs from outside governmental and private agencies.
- Coordinate the college's graduation rehearsal and ceremony.
- Compile and analyze enrollment trends and make recommendations for strategic intervention to enhance enrollment and retention.
- In collaboration with academic and student affairs staff, address and resolve student conduct issues.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Provost.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- A strong background in and a demonstrated commitment to current practices related to student services, enrollment enhancement and retention techniques and strategies.
- Demonstrated successful experience with student success, retention and completion strategies and theory.
- Demonstrated management skills, including budgeting, personnel skills, and strong verbal, written, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage change.
Minimum of two years leadership experience in a higher education setting; community college leadership preferred.
Required Educational Background:
The completion of a Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in an area appropriate to the responsibilities of the position.
Supervises following staff:
- Director of Athletics and Student Life
- Director of Student Services
- Director of Guided Pathways Advising
- Enrollment Managers
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator
- President's Council
- Chair, Behavioral Intervention Team
- Member of OACC Chief Student Affairs Officers