Assistant Vice Provost of Admissions and Financial Aid
Florida Polytechnic University, started as a university of engineering and technology, is designed to be different so that graduates possess the talent and job-ready skills to stand out from the crowd. While other top engineering schools in Florida have centers of innovation, Florida Poly was established on April 20, 2012, as a wholly innovative university dedicated to the principle that innovation occurs when research and creativity are applied to real-world challenges. Florida’s only public university for engineering and technology dedicated to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) was created to be both a rigorous academic institution and a powerful resource for high-tech industries.
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information. Job Description Summary
The assistant vice provost provides leadership and support in advancing the overall enrollment goals of the university and overseeing the department of admission and financial aid. The assistant vice provost will work collaboratively with university constituencies to develop a comprehensive enrollment management plan that focuses on recruiting and retaining the best student body. The assistant vice provost will collaborate with other senior administrators in strategic planning across the institution.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate and lead the work of multiple offices in support of institutional enrollment goals.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan.
- Develop recruitment and admission initiatives to ensure student access to and success at the university.
- Collaborate with other university departments to implement initiatives, standards, policies and procedures to achieve undergraduate and graduate enrollment goals.
- Develop and monitor department budgets within the department.
- Monitor and ensure that institutional financial aid resources meet the needs of both new and continuing students.
- Ensure that all admission and financial aid guidelines and polices are flowed in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations and procedures.
- Generate data and interpret statistical reports for use by the university, BOG, and other agencies.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation within and among the other divisions, departments and other administrative academic units of the institution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Successful experience in higher education enrollment management including budgetary and personnel responsibilities, strategic planning, and program development.
- Experience the financial leveraging.
- Knowledge of and experience with the daily operations of the areas of enrollment management, financial aid, and enrollment marketing.
- Knowledge of and understanding of current and emerging technology related to recruitment and financial aid.
- A record of dynamic, collaborative, proactive, visionary, and ethical leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with professional integrity and discretion.
- Experience with collaborative retention strategies.
- Experience in supporting a diverse student population.
- A master’s degree is required; Ph.D. or other terminal degree is preferred.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience with current best practices in admission or enrollment management.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership role in admissions or enrollment management.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and/or other Specific Requirements of Law
- This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
- Must possess a valid driver license.
Applicants applying for this position should be able to handle extensive travel, repetition, and be able to lift 50 pounds.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.