Finance Director, Radiology
Working Title: Finance Director, Radiology
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 04-04-2018
The Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging is seeking a dynamic Financial Analysis Manager who is responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial operations, including financial management, budgeting, reporting, forecasts, revenues, accounts payable, accounts reconciliation, data analysis/interpretation, and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
The Financial Analysis Manager provides information, analysis, and insight to management that support the daily operations and strategic direction of the Department. The incumbent works in collaboration with the department management team, Department Chair, Chief Operating Officer, nine Division Directors, faculty, staff, and others within and outside of the department to address financial management issues, identify trends and variances, and assess the impact of financial matters on business practices that affect strategic direction.
The Financial Analysis Manager also provides leadership and management oversight to the Finance team members.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance or business administration is required as well as supervisory and/or staff management experience.
Candidates must also have skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) along with refined skills in automated spreadsheet systems and accounting software.
Preferred candidates will have a Master's Degree in a related field.
In addition a strong preferred qualification for the Financial Analysis Manager is to have experience in healthcare finance and/or administration.
Experience with Oracle financial systems preferred; Experience with UVA School of Medicine and University of Virginia Physician's Group (UPG) financial databases is also preferred.
Preferred candidates will also possess knowledge of and ability to interpret University and UPG financial policies and procedures, including University funds accounting principles.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret complex financial information; provide specialized advice, and present to University leaders.
2. Deep knowledge of and ability to align financial reporting and analysis function with University, state, and federal policies and regulations. Mastery of program information.
3. Ability to advise teams. Demonstrate experience building, leading, motivating, and assessing small professional teams.
4. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Proven ability to clearly articulate specific information, team mission, vision, and goals. Actively participate in on-going dialog, and serve on appropriate University committees.
5. Strong knowledge of and ability to access University systems. Ability to advise team on implementation and modification processes and technology changes relative to the financial reporting and analysis function.
6. Exemplify the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84286