Instructor - NP-PA Cancer Clinic
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Instructor - NP-PA Cancer Clinic
Now hiring for a full-time Oncology Instructor, Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant position working within the University of Colorado Cancer Center Phase I / Gastrointestinal (GI) and CARE Clinics. The position is offered through the (Medicine) Division of Medical Oncology located at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (AMC) in Aurora, Colorado. The position will not be involved in course instruction and is not eligible for tenure.
The Oncology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant hired plays a vital role at the University of Colorado Cancer Care clinic, and this is the ideal choice for an individual who has the passion and desire to impact the lives of our patients and their families. The successful candidate for this Oncology full-time faculty clinic position will be responsible for identifying, assessing, planning and coordinating services for oncology patients in the Phase I/ Gastrointestinal and CARE Clinics, thus fostering quality, continuity and appropriate utilization of health care resources throughout the continuum of care. Supervision may be exercised as required for specific patient care.
Oncology Instructor / Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA), Clinical Cancer Center, Phase I / Gastrointestinal Cancer and CARE Clinics
The position requires 100% effort working within the University of Colorado Cancer clinic. Note: The Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) works in collaboration with a multidisciplinary health care team. Role model professionalism through conduct, appearance, communication, mutual respect, leadership, ethical decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Examples of work performed includes the following job specific duties:
- Manages the health care of patients at the Phase I / Gastrointestinal and CARE clinics.
- Performs a comprehensive health assessment, including health history, physical exams, preventive screening; identifies medical health risks and needs.
- Performs scheduled study-related visits, study screenings, and toxicity assessments of patients on phase I-III clinical trials.
- Performs, orders and/or interprets diagnostic studies within the scope of practice and clinical area of practice at the University of Colorado Hospital location in Aurora, Colorado.
- Performs advanced technical procedures within the scope of clinical practice for these programs as well as other programs requesting procedures, according to schedule.
- Plans and implements therapeutic regimens that include both nursing and medical management strategies, including prescription of medications/devices.
- Establishes systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassesses and modifies the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate.
- Assures patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home.
- Facilitates client participation and promotes self-care by providing information needed to make decisions and choices.
- Facilitates appropriate utilization of the medical system in a cost effective manner without jeopardizing quality of care and service. May be involved in management of critical pathway and case management across the continuum of care as indicated.
- Assists others as necessary, always using time constructively and participates as a team member in providing healthcare, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible clinic professional.
- Uses computer system(s) appropriately. Obtains necessary training prior to initial equipment use.
- Documents in the medical record according to policy/procedure and maintains accurate, legible, and confidential medical records. Complies with incident reporting and notification requirements.
- Intermittent weekend coverage of infusion center/urgent care may be needed.
- Apply organizational policies, regulations and procedures in administration of patient care.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a Master's Degree in Advanced Practice Nursing or a graduate of an accredited program in Physician Assistant Studies is required.
- Current active license to practice in the state of Colorado as an Advanced Practice Nurse or Physician Assistant. Prescriptive authority is required.
- Currently credentialed as an APN or PA by the appropriate national certifying body.
Preferred (3) three years' experience as a Oncology Clinical Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant; Experience with Cancer Clinical Trials.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12978. When applying, applicants must include: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current Resume/CV 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for 3-5 professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document. 4. Copy of unofficial transcripts (Bachelor's + Masters Degrees) 5. Copy of a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Certification Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process. Important; Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20214 - SOM-MED-Oncology
Posting Date: Apr 4, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Everlyn Sandoval
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00744571