The Event Coordinator works to schedule facilities and coordinate all event logistics for campus departments and student clubs through electronic and oral communication including in-person meetings. Facility scheduling includes but is not limited to auxiliary service spaces such as the University Center, outdoor spaces, and academic spaces on campus. This position will serve as a campus information source for facility and equipment usage, catering, event policies and procedures, pricing, rentals and space availability. The Event Coordinator will be a liaison with multiple departments and student organizations across campus to meet client needs and they will manage all billing for assigned events. This position requires great attention to detail, data entry, email competency, and strong oral and written communication skills. They will use multiple software platforms, including event management/scheduling software and event diagram software. The Event Coordinator can anticipate an irregular work schedule with some night and weekend hours both during the academic year and for the summer.
- Ascertains client needs and makes appropriate recommendations to client on how to best utilize facilities and resources.
- Serves as a liaison with the Student Life & Leadership department, including Student Government, Greek Organizations, Office of Student Activities and Clubs and Orgs.
- Works closely with academic and administrative departments on campus.
- Arranges all event logistics for clients including event parking, information technology, security, audio visual requests, custodial support, external rentals, event staffing, event space layout, etc.
- Works with Catering Coordinator to create and manage Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) for events.
- Contacts and coordinates with third party vendors and suppliers to make up for equipment shortages.
- Coordinates staff for onsite, day of event support, including checking setups, catering deliveries, audiovisual setup, and inspecting rooms to meet client expectations.
- Responsible for assessing appropriate event charges for assigned events.
- Completes data entry of event information into the event management/scheduling software, KxConferencing.
- Assists in the training of the department's student staff and provides ongoing support and development for all student employees.
- Participates in departmental meetings and committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the department, division and entire campus.
Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word and other applicable applications.
Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions, policies, and procedures.
Perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision.
Problem solve creatively with limited resources and direction in diverse situations.
Work with a variety of individuals in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Build effective working relationships within and across departments and reporting lines.
Manage office administrative tasks and communicate effectively in a professional manner.
Ability to remain calm and function effectively in stressful situations.
Prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
Ability to critically reflect on improving performance, procedures, event success, and provide appropriate feedback.
Ability to adapt and be flexible.
Ability to sustain and endure through peak business seasons.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/emploee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or collrege
- Two (2) years experience in event coordination or office management or program planning or administrative support
- Two (2) years experience working with college students in a higher education environment
- One (1) year experience with event scheduling, including the use of event scheduling software
- Demonstrated progressive administrative support (i.e. growth in responsibilities)
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by April 18, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40131 - VCSS-AUX-UC Event Services
Posting Date: Apr 4, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Noel Rodriguez
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00734212