Social Media & Content Special, Auxiliary Services Marketing
The Social Media & Content Specialist will be responsible for the planning, execution, and management of social media efforts in the Office of Auxiliary Services Marketing. In addition, this position will generate client content as needed, both for printed and digital outlets. The position focuses primarily on internal campus marketing efforts but may extend efforts to external marketing audiences as needed.
- Establishes a combined/main channel, build out a strategic master plan, and manage official social media outlets for Auxiliary Services (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, YouTube, Instagram, etc.).
- Monitors trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Develops compelling content for printed and/or digitally-delivered marketing campaigns (i.e. brochures, posters, social media posts, flyers, web pages, emails, text messaging, blogs/vlogs, newsletters, etc.).
- Liaisons with campus constituents as needed to execute on auxiliary marketing initiatives.
- Position should be constantly cognizant of student needs and the campus community in order to effectively communicate via social media channels.
- Position works in tandem with Auxiliary Services Marketing team, which consists of the director, a full-time graphic designer, and a part-time student designer.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to constructively edit others' and own work.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and interest in staying current with best practices in social media trends; writing for the web; web design, and business/industry trends.
Salary: $37,210.00 Annual ($3100.83 monthly)
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package.
Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or closely related field, or the completion of such a degree within 4 months of hiring.
- Creativity and curiosity in approaching assignments.
- Capable of creating content for use in multiple platforms-i.e. social media, web content, printed collateral content, etc.
- Documented immersion in social media in a professional setting (give links to profiles as examples).
- Ability to prioritize and juggle responsibilities, meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously; attention to detail and customer service.
- One year of experience in either writing/editing or social media management, or equivalent combination of education and experience-preferably in a higher education setting.
- A recent graduate of UCCS or working knowledge of the campus, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, objectives, programs and infrastructure.
- Basic familiarity with HTML or previous exposure to WYSIWYG web editors.
- Basic understanding of good design and photography basics-composition, balance, use of font and graphics, white space, color, etc. Professional experience, student experience, or design classwork encouraged (links to samples are welcome).
- Grasp of video production basics-both creative and technical needs-whether in a personal or professional setting (please provide links to your work).
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by Wednesday, April 18, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40118 - VCAF-AUX-Admin Operations
Posting Date: Apr 4, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Holly Murdock
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00743586