ASSISTANT CENTER ADMINISTRATOR
JOB NO.: 93264-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: L&S/CTR FOR HEALTHY MINDS
Categories: Event Planning, Program Coordination, Human Resources, Payroll, Office & Administrative Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93264-AS
Working Title: Assistant Center Administrator
Official Title: SR ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07BN) or ADMIN PROGRAM SPEC(R07DN) or ASSOC ADMIN PRGM SPEC(R07FN)
Hiring Department: A483000-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/CTR FOR HEALTHY MINDS
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 07, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $43,432 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Psychology preferred
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in psychology or neuroscience research administration, including knowledge of relevant human subject regulations.
- Minimum 1 year professional experience working with complex university administration; HR, purchasing, budgeting and/or financial management.
Preferred work experience:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, judgment, discretion, organization skills, prioritization, data interpretation and analysis, attention to detail while also maintaining the big picture.
- Working knowledge in UW administration systems and tools strongly preferred, such as PVL, CHRIS, TREMS, WISDM/WISER, WISPER, SIS.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and university regulations and guidelines with respect to research administration.
- Desire to work as part of an integrated administrative service team for collaboration, and to continually learn, develop or improve procedures and resources.
- Ability to train, lead, motivate, and supervise personnel with a variety of program support responsibilities.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing methods, requirements, and priorities, as well as to handle a wide variety of tasks simultaneously, effectively, and on-time.
- Knowledge and experience in decision-making and problem-solving techniques
License or certificate:
This position is within the Center for Healthy Minds (CHM). Founded and led by world-renowned neuroscientist, Dr. Richard J. Davidson, CHM's mission is to cultivate well-being and relieve suffering through a scientific understanding of the mind. CHM is a leader in rigorous, interdisciplinary basic and translational research aimed at understanding the mind and how to nurture well-being in ourselves and others. CHM communicates these findings to the world, inspires scientists to conduct further research and engages influencers to shift the culture to embrace well-being.
CHM is a growing and dynamic unit within the College of Letters & Science at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. This position will need to understand CHM's strategic intentions and directions in order to make tactical decisions regarding priorities and processes to meet goals. This will include high-level work in the areas of staffing, recruitment, policy evaluation and implementation, budget development and other financial support. This position will also supervise individuals on the operations team, coordinating overall work flow for the team integrated within CHM in order to maximize efficiency and to recommend process improvement. In addition to promoting excellence through diversity, CHM is committed to cultivating core values of conducting our work with rigor, making an impact on the world, and cultivating a prosocial workplace.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- A Criminal Background Check will be conducted.
- Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the Apply Now button to start the application process.
An applicant may be hired in to an Associate Administrative Program Specialist, Administrative Program Specialist or Senior Administrative Program Specialist title dependent upon experience. Title will be determined upon hire.
For questions on the position, contact: Cassandra Kuen, firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-890-3894
To apply for this position you will need to upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references, including your current supervisor. References will not be contacted without advanced notice.
Your cover letter should address your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience listed above.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 4 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: May 2 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time