CENTER FOR AGING RESEARCH AND EDUCATION MARKETING SPECIALIST
JOB NO.: 94036-AS
Work Type: Staff Full or Part Time, Staff-Full Time, Staff-Part Time
Categories: Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94036-AS
Working Title: CENTER FOR AGING RESEARCH AND EDUCATION MARKETING SPECIALIST
Official Title: MARKETING SPECIALIST(S74DN)
Hiring Department: A549000-SCHOOL OF NURSING/RESEARCH/RESEARCH
FTE: 25% - 100%
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $36,790 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* Minimum five years' experience in advertising, public relations, or marketing.
* Minimum five years' experience working in a professional capacity with the health care of older adults.
* Minimum five years' experience in event planning that serves at least 1,000 attendees.
* Experience overseeing multi?faceted communications campaigns and creative development projects.
* Experience using media content calendars.
* Experience with grant and project management.
* Experience using Salesforce CRM.
License or certificate:
This position supports faculty work in The Center for Aging Research and Education at the UW-Madison School of Nursing. The Center for Aging Research and Education (CARE) improves the wellbeing of older adults through support of research, teaching, and outreach to current and future caregivers. The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for CARE event organization and management and social media strategy, and marketing, sales and customer service for specific research-based products or initiatives. We are seeking someone with strong connections to Wisconsin's health care and aging networks. Currently, the lead research-based product is Geri-Res, a nurse residency program for long term care nurses. This position will lead marketing, sales and customer service for this program. More about CARE and Geri-Res can be found at https://care.nursing.wisc.edu/ This position is grant and donor funding dependent, therefore the percentage appointment may vary over time with available funding.
This position is funded through grants and philanthropy, and is renewable annually if current funding is available.
The position requires the following skills:
* Knowledge of marketing processes, best practices and principles.
* Exceptional written, verbal and social media communication skills, particularly relating to advertising, marketing, messaging and group presentations.
* Deep understanding of current social media vehicles, content calendars and trends. Social media power user.
* Demonstrated experience in writing and publishing to a variety of media (web, social media, video (scriptwriting), and print publications).
* Development of effective infographics.
* Excellent organizational skills, ability to track details, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and exercise good judgment/problem?solving.
* Demonstrated ability to write in different styles and formats for varied target audiences.
* Strong knowledge of technology including computer software programs, webinar platforms, presentation technology and web?based systems (e.g., Salesforce, MS Office, Webex, Adobe Creative Suite).
* Ability to think creatively, develop and implement new concepts.
* Strong interpersonal skills, develop and maintain respectful working relationships.
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
* Strategic thinking in developing marketing goals and implementation plans.
* Strong follow through with measurable results.
* Proactive learner with an agile work style and strong attention to detail.
* Ability to travel locally and nationally. Overnights will often be required. Must learn to self?manage travel arrangements and reimbursements per University guidelines.
* Ability to manage a marketing budget, including tracking expenses and assuring compliance with University purchasing policies.
* Strong understanding of Google Analytics; Search Engine Optimization.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, please click Apply Now, from Jobs.wisc.edu, to begin the application process. Please submit ONE pdf file containing the following:
1) a letter of interest which highlights relevant work experience or related area.
2) a resume/CV.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Kim Nolet, email@example.com.
Online applications must be received by 11:55pm on the application deadline for ensured consideration. Failure to submit complete application materials may result in ineligibility for this position.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 4 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Apr 18 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time