CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR A
Duties: The Gene Therapy Program (GTP) is entering a new era of unprecedented opportunity with the great potential to reshape the face of medicine as we know it. Our discoveries have set the stage for successful treatments and possibly even cures for devastating genetic diseases.
The laboratory of Dr. James Wilson, at GTP of the University of Pennsylvania, has been a leader in the development of innovative vector technology for close to three decades. We have emerged as the 'go-to' organization for public and private partners, who want to participate in the gene therapy space. Currently, we are positioned to lead another round of vector innovation and establish pre-clinical and clinical proof-of-concept in therapeutic applications of in-vivo genome editing.
We are currently seeking a Contract Administrator A who will partner with the Executive Director, Legal Affairs (EDLA), GTP leadership, and with Penn Center for Innovation (PCI) to support the execution of contracts as they pertain to research within GTP. You will draft, revise, and assemble high-quality contracts using standard templates. The types of contracts include, but not limited to Confidential Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements, and Consulting Agreements. You will work with scientists to gather scientific data that needs to be included in the agreements. Once documents are in a final state, you will diligently work with GTP and PCI leadership to obtain the appropriate signatures for the contracts to be effectively executed. You will support various legal projects as directed by the EDLA.
As a top candidate, you will have a strong background in contract management, with some familiarity with pre-clinical or clinical research & development.
Qualifications: * The minimum of a High School diploma and 5 to 7 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. College degree or coursework in Paralegal Studies or related field highly preferred.
* Experience in contracts drafting and management within a lawfirm setting required
* Paralegal Certification preferred but not required.
* Experience working with preclinical or clinical research & development preferred but not required
* Must be a self starter but also have a strong desire to contribute and work collaboratively to achieve goals, with oversight
* Must have a track record of success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
* Must be highly functioning, detail-oriented, and analytical candidate
* Excellent oral/written communication skills required
Reference Number: 40-28020
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: DM-Gene Therapy Program
Job Family: S-Clerical Financial