Pharmacology & Neuroscience - 302700
The University of North Texas Health Science Center *UNTHSC) is located in the cultural district of Fort Worth, Texas. UNTHSC is nationally recognized for its medical school, graduate student education, health professions, pharmacy, and public health programs. The department of Pharmacology & Neuroscience is internationally recognized and committed to: biomedical research, education of future health care providers, graduate training, and community outreach. The P&N department is faculty home to the two primary research institutes which support and organize focused cutting-edge translational multidisciplinary research efforts in neurodegenerative disease (Institute for Healthy Aging) and visual sciences (North Texas Eye Research Institute, NTERI). A new building now under construction will include special accommodations for NTERI operations and P&N faculty engages in state of the art visual sciences research. The new facility will support independent research programs funded through the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Defense, private industry, and numerous private foundations.
Pharmacology & Neuroscience currently consists of 41 full time faculty, 31 graduate students, 11 postdoctoral fellows and research staff who are actively conducting research in neurodegeneration and visual sciences.
The department of Pharmacology & Neuroscience is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide support in the daily administrative needs of the department.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Assisting with time and labor.
* Assisting researchers in the management of grant accounts for federal, state and private funding.
* Closely with the assistant to the chair in the preparation of job postings for staff.
* Generating annual faculty documentation, and generating information essential for the annual state budget.
* Provide backup for purchasing and prepare departmental emails and scheduling routine meetings for the department chair.
* Work with students and faculty in processing department paid/faculty sponsored tuition and will also track research fellows on J1 visas, H1B, etc., and assist with any actions requested by International Services.
* Provide support for the department's work in Faculty Affairs, including support to the department Promotion & Tenure Committee.
* Support and coordinate department sponsored student activities, such as Journal Club.
* Serve as the event planner for the annual Neurobiology of Aging symposium.
* Intermediate business math skills, with formulate in Excel and has knowledge of purchasing requisitions.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a bachelor's degree and one (1) year of related experience, or any combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Intermediate knowledge of basic software applications, such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Be self-motivated, capable of handling multiple challenges, and someone who follows through with an assignment independently.
* Above average communication skills are essential.
* Have previous experience at a research university.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter of interest, noting specific skills relative to this job posting, and also attach a resume presenting complete job descriptions of prior and current experience.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled