Knowledge Management - 370009
The Knowledge Management Team assists the University of North Texas Health Science Center with the collection, analysis and data visualization of our academic, research, and clinical efforts so that they can make informed and data-driven decisions. Knowledge Management is part of Information Technology Services, but also collaborates with numerous faculty and staff across the institution.
The Knowledge Management Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Database Administrator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Provide deep technical support and administration to all institutional databases, including process automation, and data transport and transformation (ETL).
* Provide installation, maintenance, upgrades, performance tuning, capacity planning, and security for instructional databases.
* Data extraction, transmission and loading creation, maintenance, and automation (ETL).
* Database creation, monitoring and troubleshooting.
* Backup and Recovery, including point in time recovery and encryption/decryption.
* Creation and documentation of all databases, including owners, purpose, size and usage metadata.
* Third-party application database support and monitoring.
* Identify and correction any and all database server related problems.
* Work closely with the CIO and other ITS leaders to build trust, collaboration and an innovative environment.
* Manage resources (budgets) and risk.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and four (4) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Strong written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with senior levels of both business and technology leadership.
* Experience driving large projects and programs to completion.
* Background in Agile development, Lean principals and Kanban tools.
* Data Architecture/Warehouse development.
* Knowledge and experience with MS SQL, .Net, SQL reporting, Power BI tools.
* Knowledge of security threats and how to encrypt and secure data.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled