Salary: $53,700 - $105,900
Title: Instructional Designer
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Undergrad Medical Ed
Date Posted: 04/04/2018
Position Information: The Instructional Designer for the UCR SOM's Office of Faculty Development will work collaboratively with faculty and the faculty development team in the planning, development, and delivery of high-quality learning experiences. The Instructional Designer will become part of the faculty development team and increase its capacity to work with faculty on improving teaching and learning in a fast-paced and dynamically changing medical school environment. The Instructional Designer supports the Office of Faculty Development in their mission to foster a culture that promotes excellence in teaching, fosters collaboration, and supports faculty in their efforts to explore innovative, evidence-informed teaching methods that generate student success.
Minimum Requirements: Thorough knowledge of organization policies and procedures, including policies that impact online course development.
Thorough knowledge of instructional design principles and learning strategies, including needs analysis, backwards design, learning outcomes and assessment design, and instructional approaches including lecture, discussion, activities, projects, etc.
Thorough knowledge of applying adult learning theories and educational methodologies.
Strong analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and strong collaboration and negotiation skills.
Thorough knowledge and skills with relevant business software systems.
Thorough analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
Thorough knowledge of functional area and understands how work within one course may impact work being done on other courses or in other areas.
Advanced level skills in application of planning, resourcing and monitoring of effective design life cycles of training and other learning and performance solutions to support the organization.
Thorough knowledge of e-learning strategies including but not limited to courses (e.g., processes and technologies, etc.).
Thorough knowledge of the technical tools and platforms required to achieve the delivery of engaging and media-rich online learning content, and of trends in the use and effectiveness of educational technology and learning.
Knowledge to conduct appropriate job and task analyses in the context of instructional design of technical or specialized training.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview