Student Career Coordinator
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Student Career Coordinator
Career Development/Advisement - 6510330
Cover Letter, Resume
The Student Career Coordinator for the School of Business is committed to helping students become successful contributors in their field/industry. Primary responsibilities are to ensure the various constituencies of the School are engaged in professional and academic activities, facilitate career readiness and career development. Additionally, the position will advise and counsel SBA students concerning employment opportunities and
- Coordinate and facilitate professional engagement activities and events for SBA students and alumni which enhance learning and career development in collaboration with Career Development and Advising Center
- Coordinate the co-curricular career development programming within SBA
- Assist the faculty Internship Coordinator with academic internships and track SBA students through both academic and non-academic internship experiences
- Provide career coaching to individuals and groups by assisting with:
- Identifying career and internship opportunities,
- Career search strategies, interviewing skills, personal branding (including professional social media), and overall career development plans
- Assist students with writing and revising cover letters and resumes
- Assist students with acquiring letters of recommendation
- Refer students to prospective employers
- Collect and report key metrics
- Performs other duties as assigned
Commensurate with education and experience with excellent benefits.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 3+ years of work experience in Career Development, Human Resources, or Business industry
- Demonstrated ability assisting with career search strategies, career development plans, and other
career coaching activities
- Master's degree
- Experience with career development software (e.g. Simplicity, InterviewStream, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work directly with undergraduate students in individual and group settings
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends).