Nursing Clinical Coordinator
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Nursing Clinical Coordinator supports learning through recruiting and coordinating all clinical sites for all pre-licensure nursing students.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the mission of Aurora University and the Department of Nursing.
- Functions as liaison with clinical agencies used for student placement.
- Populates all clinical placements for Junior and Senior nursing students. Sends final schedule to course coordinator, clinical sites and adjunct faculty.
- Develops and maintains a directory of faculty and student health requirements for each Clinical facility.
- Monitors CastleBranch and follows up with faculty to make sure they are up to date with requirements.
- Recruits clinical adjuncts faculty and provides university and clinical site orientation.
- Completes Nursing Agreement form with adjuncts.
- Supervises and evaluates clinical adjuncts.
- Follows up with faculty members to assure completion of evaluations.
- Follows up with clinical facility regarding any incidents that affect patients or clinical site processes.
- Develops and maintains a directory of orientation requirements and procedure for all the clinical agencies.
- Assists with the identification and evaluation of potential clinical sites.
- Develops and maintain our current clinical partnerships.
- Evaluates clinical sites for appropriateness of achieving curricular learning outcomes.
- Teaches in the nursing laboratories as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- MS in Nursing
- At least five (5) years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-management skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to move about campus and other locations
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person and via electronic media
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.