Student Employment Assistant in Financial Aid (part-time/temporary)
Job no: 494194
Position Type: Staff Part Time
Benefit Status: Non-Benefited – Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Financial Aid
Applications Open: Apr 04 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
Reporting directly to the Student Employment Manager, the Student Employment Assistant will serve as initial point of contact for students, faculty and staff seeking assistance from the Student Employment Office. This position will also be the main point of contact for the University's departmental student employees.
- Provide front line customer service by serving as the initial contact person for the Student Employment Office
- Understand and maintain Student Employment policies and procedures
- Provide support to faculty and staff with hiring students paid through department funds
- Approve job descriptions and hire requests submitted through JobHawk
- Assist students in completing all required student employment forms (University and Federal)
- Work with payroll office to ensure students are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain and update the Student Employment website
- Provide administrative support for event planning of departmental activities
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Associates degree with some administrative experience
- (will consider candidates with HS Diploma or GED/equivalent with 1+ years of administrative experience)
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and planning abilities
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Must be available to work on Fridays
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a part-time, non-unit, non-benefited position. 18 hours per week.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applicants are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.