Laboratory Technologist position is available at the Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) and the Institute for Quantitative Health Science and Engineering (IQ) at Michigan State University. The Department of BME offers a unique environment for performing state-of-the-art research with many of the top scientists in the field.
The Gilad Lab research project focuses on:
(1) Developing innovative technologies based on novel genes as well as protein engineering for activating cellular pathways, with anticipated variety of applications in both basic research and in the clinic.
(2) Constructing Synthetic Biology circuits in prokaryotic and Mammalian (stem) cells.
(3) Developing genetically encoded technologies for high-resolution (stem) cells visualization with Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in the fields of regenerative medicine and immunotherapy.
The Schmidt Lab research project focuses on:
(1) Defining the molecular mechanisms of telomerase mediated telomere maintenance using cutting edge genome-editing and live cell imaging approaches.
(2) Developing imaging approaches to study the DNA damage response in human cells.
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four year college degree program in a related science field; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in basic laboratory techniques; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; the job may require specialty certifications, approvals, or training; may require successful completion/continued maintenance of accessibility standards.Desired Qualifications
Candidates with B.A. or similar degree are welcome to apply.Required Application Materials
Please submit a CV, cover letter, and names and contact information of three references.Special Instructions
STANDARD 8-5Description of End Date
This is an off-dated position funded for two years from date of hire with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.Summary of Health Risks
-Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.
-Work with animals or unfixed animal tissue.
Bidding eligibility ends on 4/10/18 at 11:55 PM.