Information Technologist I
Application Security Analyst IPosition Summary
This position will work in the Information Security team and specialize in securing and maintaining security services across the University. The successful candidate will help protect MSU through the use of network firewalls, web application firewalls, code analysis, SSL Certificates, vulnerability scans and runtime protection; will specialize in securing web applications across the university; will determine the potential impact of identified threats; will assess risks for applications and coordinate mitigations; will create application security guidance and advisory documents; will advise units around campus on how to remediate vulnerabilities; and will present on security to units on campus.
This position will require a highly qualified individual who has strong problem solving and technical skills; is a strong critical thinker and is detail oriented. This individual should be able to be responsive and biased towards speed and execution; can work under pressure across multiple roles and hierarchies, is highly collaborative but can also work independently, and is innovative.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related information technology field, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; one to three years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Significant knowledge and experience in two or more core security areas (Identity and Access Control, Application Security, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, Encryption, Governance and Risk Management, Legal Regulations and Compliance, Security Operations, Security Architecture and Design, or Network Security)
• Experience in IT system administration or a related role requiring analysis, prioritizing, and problem solving
• Experience with firewall technologies such as Juniper Netscreen/SSG/SRX, Cisco ASA, PaloAlto, or Checkpoint
• Experience interpreting and implementing change requests for managed security device platformsDesired Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; more than two years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an enterprise organization
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience with Linux operating systems including system administration and CLI
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems such as Splunk or Q1 Labs QRadar
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to understand, discuss, and explain technical issues with diverse audiences
Bidding eligibility ends on 4/10/18 at 11:55 PM.