Part-Time Administrative Assistant
The Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver is a professional school of international affairs dedicated to preparing students for careers in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Our programs provide students with the skills and networks to design policies, implement programs, and realize outcomes that enhance human capabilities around the world.
The Josef Korbel School of International Studies seeks to hire a part-time non-benefited Administrative Assistant supporting Acting Dean, Pardis Mahdavi. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic and welcoming when greeting visitors, faculty, staff, and students. This position is responsible for managing various components of the dean's suite, managing a demanding schedule and arranging travel itineraries. This person will provide support for the planning and operation for the Acting Dean of the Josef Korbel School of International Studies. Participate with the Acting Dean on various Korbel committees by tracking and suggesting agenda items, attending meetings, and writing minutes. Write and produce summaries and reports on various topics for distribution to a broad range of audiences. Respond effectively and in a timely manner to questions and concerns raised by faculty, staff and students.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Manage office operations.
- Respond effectively and in a timely manner to questions and concerns raised by faculty, staff and students.
- Provide research and writing support for the Acting Dean.
- Manage multiple calendars.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders , including staff, executive and senior leadership, and external partners and donors.
- Demonstrated pro-active approaches to problem-solving, with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability o also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Ability to be a forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Proven writing and editing skills.
- Ability to routinely multi-task.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1 year of experience in a faced-paced office environment.
- Bachelors degree.
- 3 year of experience in a faced-paced office environment.
- Experience working in higher education, or similar complex environment.
- Experience supporting upper-level management.
- Experience coordinating complex travel arrangements, including international travel.
20-30 hours per week
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.