ERP IT Application Support Specialist
The Office of Technology, Administrative Systems' division at Lewis University invites applications for an ERP IT Application Support Specialist, to be responsible for functional knowledge of the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, troubleshooting production system problems, providing second-tier help desk support to faculty and staff, security administration to create/update users in the ERP system, and working with Networking and Administrative team members to resolve identified issues for the Ellucian Banner ERP system. We seek creative and motivated individuals with the ability to learn and support ERP software applications.
The position will support Student, Financial, HR/Payroll, Integrations and ad-hoc Business Intelligence reporting application modules within the ERP system and assist/coordinate with appropriate third-party training solutions or conducts training as needed to internal customers.Lewis University
Lewis University is an innovative and entrepreneurial Catholic university offering market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs to 6,500 students. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis University is nationally recognized for preparing intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected and socially responsible graduates. For additional information on Lewis as an institution, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
- Research software databases for solutions/documentation when needed.
- Troubleshoot user system problems and provides resolution to the customer's satisfaction. Work with Administrative systems team if needed– DBA, Programmer/Analyst, Business Analysts, Data Warehouse Analyst and Director to resolve reported production issues.
- Create/Update user security access to the ERP
- In depth functional knowledge of the ERP system modules and how they integrate with each other or to other vendor products.
- Analyses common help desk issues to recommend solutions or enhancements that will reduce the number of help desk tickets (training, application enhancement, process changes).
- Monitors, creates, routes and updates ticket tracking system with ticket status information. Meets defined SLA for ticket resolution.
- Assist with new patch testing and communications to end users of new functionality.
- Clearly documenting issues, recommendations, requests and step-by-step instructions to resolve reported issue.
- Assist with production issue root cause analysis to prevent the issues from occurring in the future.
- Assists users in creating Ad Hoc reports utilizing Business Intelligence reporting tools.
- Collaborate with Network services to resolve technical issues related to PC's, networking or PC software installation for the ERP
- Open vendor support tickets and work with Ellucian or other vendors if necessary to resolve issues.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required from four-year accredited college/university. Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access). 3+ years of related experience with ERP systems utilized in Higher Education. 3+ years of experience handling customer calls and requests with good customer handling skills. Understanding of relational databases preferred. Experience with Ellucian Banner Student, Financial, HR/Payroll systems and IBM Cognos preferred. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills needed for interactions with all levels of university staff. Outstanding organizational and time management skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Able to manage and prioritize multiple assignments. Experience with delivering one-on-one training if needed or coordinating or conduction end-user functional training.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working in Higher Education preferred. Experience with web help systems. Web help desk system experience desirable.
Application Process: Interested applicants can view a full description of this position and apply online at http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/3179.
Inspired by the University's Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.