Pathways Enrollment Specialist
National Louis University has taken on a new approach to undergraduate education and has set the ambitious goal of becoming a local and national leader in closing the achievement gap in bachelor’s degree attainment. Through an innovative, affordable, rigorous, flexible, and supportive approach to undergraduate education, NLU seeks to help thousands of students – many of whom face significant barriers to completing college – get to and through college and move on to successful careers and fulfilling lives. This includes adult transfer undergraduate students as well as first-time freshmen students enrolled in Pathways at NLU which is growing rapidly and demonstrating exemplary student retention rates.
The Enrollment Specialist (ES) role is an integral component of the Pathways student experience, serving to act as a first point of contact with the university and guiding and mentoring each student through the admissions process. The ES will be responsible for providing complete guidance to prospective Pathways students regarding the entire enrollment process. The ideal ES is an influential, passionate, goal-oriented individual with experience working with first-generation college students. The ES should have an understanding of assisting students who face barriers to college such as first generation to college, low income or underrepresented minorities. We seek an individual who is passionate about increasing access to undergraduate education and dedicated to making a difference in the community by supporting the growth of this unique program in the Northwest Suburbs.
This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position based at the Wheeling campus. It will require some evening and weekend hours.
Our mission is to provide a rigorous, affordable college education in a supportive environment that respects diversity to help all students meet and surpass their personal, academic, and career goals.
● Student-Focused: Make decisions based on what is best for students with the belief that when all students have access to resources and support, they are empowered to achieve success.
● Expect Excellence:Hold high expectations for our students and for the faculty and staff who serve them, and hold ourselves accountable for achieving excellence.
●Personalized Support: Take a holistic approach to providing individualized support that encourages students to realize their full potential in college and beyond.
● Data-Driven, Collaborative Environment: Work together as a unified team, utilizing real-time data and technology to adapt to student needs.
● Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Remain agile and open to changes and new ideas-incorporating data as well as student, faculty, and administration voice-to ensure that we are continuously learning, improving, and innovating in all aspects of the student experience. Be positively restless and relentless!
• Provide comprehensive service to prospective Pathways students, managing a pool of leads and applicants. Handles prospects efficiently and professionally, effectively responding to any potential students’ concerns, issues or inquiry and successfully qualifying students for Pathways at NLU. Manages the prospect after prequalification. Continuously meets and exceeds monthly goals and maintains a high level of enrollment. Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding program and the enrollment process.
• Consults and coordinates communications with Admissions and Student Finance by gathering any necessary information needed to successfully guide prospects through the entire enrollment process. Fosters working relationships with the office of Admissions, Student Finance, and Student Experience with the end goal of more completely serving students. Builds a solid rapport and remains as an available liaison for ongoing communications; Actively works with the Pathways team to ensure that initiatives are coordinated and prospect experience is optimized. Successfully implement department recruitment and enrollment processes.
• Accurately documents and records continuous contact using the CRM system with each prospective student and tracks information to ensure smooth transition of applicant data. Ensure follow up with all leads in a timely manner. Attend weekly team meetings and one on ones. Produces activity reports on a weekly basis.
• Organizes and conducts on campus information sessions for prospective students
• Organizes and conducts any requests for field trips to campus. Assist in preparation and hosting of admit day and orientation events for prospective students.
• Occasional support of outreach activities as needed such as AVID class visits, college fairs and college nights at local high schools
• Assist in managing the workload of Student Ambassadors
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Demonstrated knowledge in higher ed college admissions and/or recruitment preferred
• Experience working with a diverse student population and preferably first generation college students
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
• Supportive personality (energized by helping others)
• Passionate about higher education in general and specifically devoted to helping underrepresented students enroll and persist at the post-secondary level
• Experience working with and influencing young adults to make positive changes
• Detail oriented and skilled at independently managing projects in complex, fast-paced environments, and ever-changing environments
• Technologically competent: experience with collecting and analyzing data to improve outcomes
• Strong database management skills, working ability to navigate a CRM system (e.g., Salesforce) and SIS (e.g., Banner)
• Highly organized and motivated to effect change