Assistant Professor of Aviation
Middle Georgia State University is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Professor of Aviation. This is a 10-month position teaching load of 12 semester hours per semester of undergraduate courses in areas to include, but not limited to aircraft systems, crew resources management, flight operations and FAR Part 141 ground school courses. Work will also include participation in research in a variety of aviation-related subjects consistent with education and experience. Responsibilities include advising majors and participating in university committee activities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION INCLUDE: Knowledge and level of competency associated with completion of specialized training in the field of work; knowledge of computers and job-related software programs; skill to make timely decisions; skill in decision making and problem solving; skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public; and skill in oral and written communication.
- Master’s Degree in Aviation or Master’s in Business
- Civilian aviation experience with a background in FAR Part 121 or 135 operations preferred
- Demonstrate ability to teach and develop broad array of aviation training courses
- Although this position does not involve flight instruction, possession of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certificated Flight Instructor rating (CFI) and/or Ground Instructor certificates (AGI, IGI) is required. Candidate selected for this position will be subject to a background check.
- Doctorate Degree in Aviation or closely related field preferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The position will remain posted until filled. For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Assistant Professor of Aviation”. Application materials are to include a letter of interest; an MGA Faculty application; curriculum vitae; statement of teaching philosophy; unofficial copy of undergraduate and graduate transcripts; resume and three letters of recommendations. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
A Unit of the University System of Georgia
Apply for Assistant Professor of Aviation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly