Graphic Designer (Part-Time)
Graphic Designer (Part-Time)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 4/23/2018
The Department of Communications and Instructional Technology is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Graphic Designer, Part-Time.
West Valley College, though just minutes from the heart of the Silicon Valley, is in a beautiful park-like setting on 143 wooded acres.To perform a variety of duties in the development and creation of media used in college communications; to provide professional support for the district's marketing function; and to produce a variety of graphic material for instructional and administrative use.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
53.3% of full time, 20 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of June 18, 2018. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the West Valley-Mission Classified Employees Association (WVMCEA), Office, Technical & Business Services Employee Unit.
Work Location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $2,594 - 2,835 monthly (WVMCEA Salary Schedule, Range 61, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse, and/or dependents (prorated for employees working less than 100% of full-time).
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 10 days vacation leave accrued annually; rate increases step-wise up to maximum 22 days vacation leave accrued annually. (prorated for employees working less than 100% and 12 months).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually (prorated for employees working less than 100% and 12 months).
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in graphic arts or a related field.
Two years of responsible professional graphic design experience.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan, design, and develop original illustrations, diagrams, certificates, charts, forms, and other graphic art related materials.
- Obtain quotes and place media advertising with outside vendors; formulate, coordinate, and produce marketing initiatives for assigned college.
- In conjunction with other college staff, research, plan, design, and produce a variety of informational and promotional materials for college programs and services.
- Produce college schedule of classes.
- Coordinate large-scale mailings of class schedules, postcards, and marketing materials and information.
- Operate computers and software specific to graphic design, including digital photo manipulation; manage electronic records and data related to projects.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.