Systems & DevOps Engineer
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Systems & DevOps Engineer position. Reporting to the Director of Network and Support Services, this individual is responsible for maintaining the system administration of the campus and colocation infrastructures (servers, data and IP voice networks, etc.) in a mixed Microsoft and Linux IT environment. This includes associated 3rd-party SaaS systems and CI/CO (Continuous Integration/Continuous Operation) infrastructure. In addition, a successful candidate is expected to be proficient with open source databases as well as SQL-Server implementations, and able to conceptualize, program and implement core campus application integrations with a small team.
- Lead and/or participate in projects that support network security, business continuity, remote and mobile users, cloud integration, conversion to IP-based services, and higher backbone speeds
- Administrate, expand, and maintain the wireless, data, voice, video, and compute infrastructures while creating and following operational procedures
- Participate in planning, design, and implementation of the wired and wireless network infrastructure upgrades and expansions; install and configure routers, switches, APs, phones, etc
- Support help desk team escalations
- Coordinate with other ITS staff to organize and prioritize project tasks and deliverables
- Support technology expansion projects by provisioning a secure traffic pattern in the infrastructure
- Maintain accurate technology asset inventory and documentation
- Respond to emergency off-hours technology needs and requests as directed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs for activities but not limited to such as racking servers.
- Must be able to work in cold, noisy data center environments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Strong background in both Microsoft & Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Strong experience with SQL Server, powershell, bash and Open-source databases
- A working understanding of code and scripting languages (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Able to participate in on-call support rotation
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- 5 years of networking and software development experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to solve complex issues rapidly
- Possess a user-centric service attitude
- Relevant technical certifications
- Experience with Fortinet and Cisco products
- Microsoft-based systems administration experience, including ADFS
- Experience with Sharepoint
- Linux-based and open source systems administration experience (Ceph cluster storage a plus)
- Experience with Docker containers
- Familiarity with Atlassian products for technology project management (Confluence, JIRA, Service Desk)
Additional Position Information
- Applications will be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Link to apply: https://dominican.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers
- A cover letter is required.
- Compile resume/CV and cover letter in one pdf document and upload in the Resume/CV section
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.