Director of Digital Strategy
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 03/16/18
CLOSING DATE: 04/15/18 11:59 PM
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
POSITION SUMMARY & DESCRIPTION:
This is a non represented management position. Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applications for the position of Director of Digital Strategy.
This position leads IUP's digital marketing strategy and its digital marketing and communications team. The Director of Digital Strategy creates and implements digital strategies that support the university's marketing and communication goals. Collaborating both within the Division of Marketing and Communications and with stakeholders across the university, the Director of Digital Strategy uses creative and technical skills to maintain and improve the university's digital communications architecture. As part of the application candidates must submit a case study of a marketing or communications campaign with significant digital elements. Explain the strategy behind the campaign, the supporting tactics, and how you evaluated the campaign's success. Failure to attach a case study will result in an incomplete application and will not be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications Media or field that blends communications or art with technical skills
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as web developer, UX designer, content strategist or a combination of those roles
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Adobe CS Suite, Email, and web browsers
- Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
- Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).
The work of this position occurs in a typical office environment. Although infrequent, periods of heavy exertion may occur. Incumbent must have the following abilities:
- Ability to travel to field locations and meeting/training sites by motor vehicle when required.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to issue, receive and carry out instructions and orders effectively and to convey information to a variety of co-workers and the general public
- Use a variety of common office machines such as telephones, calculators, copiers, computer terminals, keyboards, video display terminals, auxiliary printers and similar equipment.
- Perform manual duties such as lifting and carrying various weight limits.
- Operate office equipment which may require stooping, kneeling, bending, stretching and prolonged standing.
- Provide assistance and guidance to internal and external customers.
- Follow oral and written instructions
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
A complete application will consist of a cover letter, resume, case study, names and email addresses of three references submitted in this online application system at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/iupedu.
As part of the application candidates must submit a case study of a marketing or communications campaign with significant digital elements. Explain the strategy behind the campaign, the supporting tactics, and how you evaluated the campaign's success. Failure to attach a case study will result in an incomplete application and will not be considered for this position. Automated reference requests will be generated when application is submitted by applicant.
Official transcripts will be required prior to hire for the selected candidate. Applications must be received no later than April 15 2018. You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been successfully submitted.
Please do not fax, mail or e-mail any documentation.
Employees in their probationary period will not be given consideration for interviews. All offers of employment are subject to and contingent upon confirmation of work eligibility and satisfactory completion of all pre-employment background checks. Committed to excellence through diversity, IUP is an equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V and is a proud member of the State System of Higher Education.