Clinical Nurse Specialist - Mental Health McKinley Health Center (A1700749)
~~CLINICAL NURSE SPECIALIST, McKINLEY HEALTH CENTER
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
McKinley Health Center, one of the nation's premier Student Health Centers, is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Clinical Nurse Specialist, to join our Mental Health unit. This position is a full time appointment, 12 month -100%. McKinley Health Center is a fully accredited ambulatory care clinic providing services to 46,000 university students.
We are seeking a service oriented individual for an exciting career in College Health to provide outcome based behavioral and mental health services to students at the University of Illinois. . Salary is competitive and includes a very attractive, comprehensive benefits package. Starting date is negotiable.
1. Provide mental health assessment and treatment. Appropriate treatment may include; individual, couples and group psychotherapy, prescribing of medications, monitoring medication efficacy, referral for hospitalization, consistent with limitations of mental health staff resources.
2. Maintain a collaborative practice agreement with at least one of McKinley Mental Health psychiatrists.
3. Provide liaison/consultant services to physicians, nurse practitioners, and nurses in the Medical and Women's Health clinics and to the Counseling Center.
4. Provide telephone and in-person triage services.
5. Participate in Mental Health staff meetings and case conferences.
6. Participate in McKinley's quality management programs and in peer review.
7. Responsible and accountable to support and ensure a culture of safety, quality and risk management including compliance with ethics.
8. Availability to participate on one or more McKinley, Student Affairs, or other University committees.
9. Assume appropriate related additional duties to further the mission of the unit.
Qualified candidates must be licensed in Illinois, or license eligible, as an Advanced Practice Nurse with 2-4 years of experience in a Mental Health setting and have prescriptive authority. A Master's or PhD degree are required. Candidates must have experience in Mental Health assessment and ANCC certification as either a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health or in Child and Adolescent Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. Experience in college health is preferred.
To ensure full consideration, create your candidate profile at jobs.illinois.edu and upload your letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references by February 2, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing dated, however, no hiring will be made until after that date.
This is a security-sensitive position. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job applicants upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
For further information, please contact Carrie Adkisson, Chair, Consultative Search Committee, McKinley Health Center, 1109 S. Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, Illinois 61801. Phone (217) 333-2711, Fax: (217) 244-1758, Email: Cadkisson@mckinley.illinois.edu
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Student Affairs
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Clinical Nurse Specialist - Mental Health McKinley Health Center (A1700749)
Open Date: 12/06/2017
Close Date: 02/02/2018
Organization Name: McKinley Mental Hlth