Assistant Director of Constituent Engagement - College of Engineering Administration (A1800204)
Assistant Director of Constituent Engagement
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Assistant Director of Constituent Engagement. This position will provide research in the areas of annual giving, major gifts and alumni and donor relations in the Office of Advancement in the College of Engineering. The Assistant Director will execute tactics for retention and stewardship, and build support of the annual fund, LAG, and major gift pipeline by implementing and managing comprehensive constituent engagement analysis via the alumni database (TED) and other University systems. This position will work closely with appropriate Engineering staff to monitoring new and existing funds and processes in the College of Engineering scholarship and fellowship program. The Assistant Director of Constituent Engagement reports to the Senior Director of Constituent Engagement who reports to the College of Engineering Associate Dean for Advancement. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Produce and manage a system of reports that reflect annual giving progress as well as offer MGO's access to pipeline activity and opportunities. Provide ongoing prospect assists/suggestions to MGO's based on interactions and data from TED.
- Collaborate with front-line gift officers, the Dean, department heads, faculty and the constituent engagement team on alumni engagement programming to strengthen prospect relationships with the college and fully optimize opportunities for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Develop and implement alumni engagement and stewardship metrics to determine effectiveness of activities, projects and initiatives.
- Analyze annual giving prospects, applying cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies in alignment with the major gifts program for the College.
- Regularly assess communications to key constituents and affinity-based groups for opportunities to refine and strengthen personalized and segmented advancement content and strategy.
- Develop reports, tracking mechanisms and data monitoring protocols to aid the College of Engineering scholarship and fellowship program, including coordinating with Engineering staff regarding new scholarships and fellowships, changes in existing scholarship and fellowships, and ensuring scholarships and fellowships are appropriately awarded.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years in data analysis or related professional experience
- Familiarity with general information research techniques, methodology and online resources
- Experience using reporting tools to query data sources
- Ability to recognize the relevance of information and to deal with materials of a sensitive nature in a professional and confidential manner?
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively/outside of the box
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Team player who works well in a collaborative environment
- Experience in Advancement at Illinois or other higher education institution
- Understanding/knowledge of academic fundraising
- Experience with Banner, SQL, Python
- Experience interpreting and analyzing statistical results
The Assistant Director of Constituent Engagement is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references as a single PDF file by April 19, 2018. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Sarah Musselman, email@example.com, 217-244-1056.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director of Constituent Engagement - College of Engineering Administration (A1800204)
Open Date: 04/02/2018
Close Date: 04/19/2018
Organization Name: Engineering Administration