Senior Administrative Assistant to Section Head
Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant to Section Head
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, General Medicine
Posting Date: 04-03-2018
The Department of Medicine's Division of General, Geriatric, Palliative and Hospital Medicine is seeking candidates for the position of Senior Administrative Assistant.
This position provides a high level of advanced administrative support to the Geriatrics Section Head and faculty within the section.
Additionally, the position is responsible for scheduling conference calls and meetings, Outlook calendar maintenance, pre- and post-travel coordination, faculty recruitment and onboarding coordination and communication, and maintenance of up-to-date licensures and curricula vitae.
Qualified applicants must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of four years of administrative support experience. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for required experience.
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
Bachelor's degree and two years of administrative support experience is preferred. Experience with EPIC and New Innovations is also preferred.
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively with all levels of personnel, both within and beyond the University.
2. Ability to maintain professional calendars with frequent changes, using software such as Microsoft Outlook.
3. Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse group of physicians and staff.
4. Ability to multi-task and prioritized tasks due to competing demands.
5. Organizational and time management skills.
6. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
7. Ability to make sound decisions based on competing and complex information from multiple sources.
8. Ability to interact with executive level administrators.
9. Ability to work with tact on complex, sensitive and confidential issues.
10. The analytical skills and judgment to interpret data and take the appropriate action in circumstances /situations vary.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84265