PeopleSoft / Oracle Developer (Computer Programmer/Analyst 2 or Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst)
Job Title: PeopleSoft / Oracle Developer (Computer Programmer/Analyst 2 or Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst), UCP 8 or 9
Job ID: 2018478
Location: Storrs Campus
The University of Connecticut is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill a full-time position as a PeopleSoft/Oracle Developer in the Information Technology Services division. The individual will provide support for the PeopleSoft HCM 9.1, CS 9.0 applications. You will be joining a team of experienced IT professionals managing multiple PeopleSoft/Oracle applications and providing technical services to the University community, with the ability for advancement within the division.
The successful candidate will provide analysis, design, development, and production services for the delivered PeopleSoft application as well as supporting customizations and extensions that have been applied to the PeopleSoft application.
The University of Connecticut has been named the top public university in New England for over a decade and is ranked among the top public universities in the nation. The University of Connecticut is also a Carnegie Foundation Research University, a prestigious honor shared by only the nation's top higher education institutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide analysis, design, development, and production services for the delivered PeopleSoft application.
- Develop and support customization and extensions using PeopleSoft PeopleTools.
- Documentation and communications.
- Work in conjunction with end users to gather business requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Two to ten years' application programming experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads.
- Excellent written skills.
- Experience writing and executing SQL statements.
- Experience in PeopleSoft or other ERP systems implementation.
- Experience in SQR programming or similar programming language.
- Experience using PeopleSoft Peoplecode.
- Experience using the PeopleSoft Application Engine.
- Experience using the PeopleSoft Application Packages.
- Experience using the PeopleSoft Integration Broker tools.
- Experience using the PeopleSoft Component Interface.
- Experience using Web Services.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Hands on experience in object oriented programming.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent oral communications skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Experience working in Higher Education.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition reimbursement at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidates' background and experience. For additional information regarding benefits visit: https://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-summaries/. For additional information about the University visit: http://www.uconn.edu/ and for detailed position information and the job description visit: http://uitsjobs.uconn.edu.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application and resume, which demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications and any preferred qualifications you may have for this position, and a list of contact information, including phone numbers for three professional references via UConn Jobs, www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions. Reference search # 2018478. Screening will begin immediately.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2018478)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on May 3, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.