Apple Lab Administrator
CU Boulder's Office of Information Technology is now accepting applications for an exciting opportunity as an Apple Lab Administrator to play a lead role in determining the best practices and procedures for deploying and managing Apple lab devices. This position will be responsible for drastically improving our service offerings by building base loadsets and will manage the student administrative workforce in building and troubleshooting department software loadsets. In addition, the Administrator provides escalated support for all Apple labs and requires experience with MacOS and iOS management tools such as Jamf Pro (formerly Casper), DeployStudio, and Active Directory. The Apple Lab Administrator role will involve being part of a team that will re-envision how our labs are currently being managed as well as the evolution of our service.
Who we are:
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) on the CU Boulder campus is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University's academic, research and service missions. See what OIT is all about by watching our "This is OIT" video.
What your key responsibilities will be:
MacOS/iOS Client Management
- Serve as a technical lead for management and deployment of software to MacOS/iOS clients in campus computer lab environments.
- Design and implement technologies and processes that provide software to clients, leveraging sound management practices.
- Determine manageability requirements based upon operating system specifications and evaluate its benefit to the work unit and end users using current industry directions, staffing and support requirements, and technical merit.
- Determine the technical direction the work unit will take in future deployments of MacOS/iOS software, taking into account industry directions and the needs of the end-user.
MacOS/iOS Deployment and Design
- Serve as a technical lead for processes related to deployment of MacOS/iOS clients and day-to-day management of MacOS/iOS lab environments.
- Design and configure of the MacOS operating system that support multi-user environments as well as the policies that govern the end-user experience.
- Design and manage the unit's Active Directory organizational unit to be used for authentication purposes on managed MacOS devices.
- Leverage imaging and management solutions (ie Jamf Pro and DeployStudio).
- Create and deploy software packages and policies with Jamf Pro tools.
- Determine the technical direction for future MacOS/iOS deployments, taking into account industry directions and the needs of the end-user.
Management of Student Lab Administrators
- Supervise an average of 5-6 student hourly employees who are responsible for the day-to-day administration of the managed Apple computer labs.
- Delegate lab administration duties based on the proficiency of the students and the difficulty of the specific lab environment.
- Develop and lead training of MacOS and iOS skills that the students are expected to leverage and build upon throughout their employment in the unit.
- Design and implement documentation and coverage policies that allow for consistent and redundant administration across all managed labs.
- Ensure that the LST Labs Apple team is fully staffed with qualified student employees through interviewing, hiring, performance evaluation, discipline, counseling, and termination.
What we can offer:
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be engaged. Be strategic. Be collaborative. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- A combination of education and/or related experience may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
- 3 years of experience which includes the following:
- Deployment of MacOS devices in an enterprise environment
- Integration of Mac client operating systems with Active Directory
- Working with Mac client management tools, specifically JAMF Pro (Casper) management suite, DeployStudio, NetSUS, and Apple Remote Desktop
What we'd like you to have:
- Development using scripting languages like Bash, Python, and Perl.
- Experience with Apple's VPP and DEP.
- Deployment of iOS devices in an enterprise environment.
- ITIL V3 Foundations Certification.
- JAMF Pro Certifications, specifically CCA (Certified Casper Administrator).
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 17, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-13038.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10948 - OIT-Administration
Posting Date: Apr 3, 2018
Closing Date: Apr 17, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00705930