TEACHING AND LEARNING LIBRARIAN
Duties: The University of Pennsylvania Libraries seeks an energeic Teaching and Learning Librarian. As a key member of the Education Commons ('EC'), the Librarian will develop and oversee student-facing services at the EC, including scheduling and managing student workers, teaching technology workshops, and leading core student services, such as tutoring programs and 3D prining. As part of the larger Teaching, Research, and Learning Services (TRL) directorate, the Teaching and Learning Librarian will work closely with the Managing Librarian of WIC, the Education Commons Librarian, and TRL colleagues to develop and coordinate our instruction and support for the range of technologies and pedagogical applications across TRL spaces and classrooms. In support of the Libraries' Liaison Services Program, the Teaching and Learning Librarian will provide outreach and engagement with assigned liaison communities, with a particular focus on programs with strong research and instructional ties to TRL. This position reports to the Managing Librarian of the Weigle Information Commons and will help strengthen the connections between the two Commons and other TRL satellite locations. This is a one-year term position with the possibility of renewal.
1. Develop and oversee student-facing services at the Education Commons on a daily basis, including managing student workers.
2. Work closely with TRL colleagues to provide and support the range of technologies and pedagogical applications across TRL spaces.
3. Oversee daily operations in key teaching and learning classrooms in the library.
4. Serve as a liaison to a program, center, or campus entity, especially those with research and instructional ties to TRL.
Qualifications: * ALA-accredited Master's Degree in Library and Information Science, and 0-1 year of experience, or the equivalent in education and work experience, are required.
* Broad knowledge and understanding of principles relating to library spaces and digital and information literacies in libraries
* Direct experience providing technology instruction to a range of students and disciplines
* Strong interpersonal skills and experience in outreach and collaboration
* Understanding of current trends in library instruction and higher education
* Ability to work in a team setting to accomplish departmental and institutional goals
* Experience overseeing student workers
* Experience working with library classroom, learning space, and technology operations
* Experience with library reference, instruction, and public services
* Experience using the Springshare suite of library products
Reference Number: 50-28187
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Weiss Pavilion Information Commons
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: N-Museum/Library/Archival