Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Supervisor-1800485
Preferred Qualifications: Associate's Degree (equivalent) or higher. Additional years of clerical experience.
Brief Description of Duties: Perform varied and complex clerical functions, supervise assigned clerical staff to include establishing work loads and priorities, ensuring quality and quantity of unit's work production, and performing tasks requiring a high degree of job-related knowledge.
- Supervise the front desk in all daily duties for both our main location and the hospital based clinic. Creation, reviews, and revisions of doctor schedules as needed both on a daily and on a master level. Assist in recruiting, interviewing and training staff.
- Compiling budget data and monitoring expenditures, accounts payable preparation and monitoring. Oversite of inventory ordering and control. Cash collection and tracking for Medical Records. Creation, maintenance, and tracking of patient volume through use of spreadsheets for budget purposes.
- Manage the patient portal including the importing of patient data, secure messaging, and merging patient accounts. Manage profiles for both physicians and employees on insurance websites. Troubleshooting, testing, and assist with upgrades for the Medflow EMR. Troubleshooting, testing, and upgrades for the patient portal. Assist in gathering data for enhanced, optimal performance of staff. Monitor and track all inbound phone calls for the department through use of spreadsheets utilizing the observer and composer programs provide feedback for efficiency.
- Assist Administrator with meaningful use including periodic reports and attesting. Assist in the PQRS process including creation and generation of reports, as well as structuring, extracting, and organizing data.
- Assisting Administrator with department events, including the annual graduation, resident retreat, and other events as needed.
- Assist Administrator in the creation and of a satellite office.
- Meeting, greeting, arriving and discharging patients. Scheduling appointments and ancillary testing. Review daily schedules for accurate information and required referrals for authorizations. Creating and maintaining positive relations with patients through the use of heavy phones and direct patient contact. Obtain pre-certification for both in the office procedures and outside testing including MRIs, CAT scans, lumbar punctures, and infusions Maintain patient flow for high volume office.
- Departmental liaison for patientkeeper. Assisting in setting up and training for new providers. Monitor, manage, and add as needed departmental macros, charge and diagnosis pickers. Daily review and editing of holding bins to ensure charges are submitted to insurance carriers quickly and correctly. Point person for compliance for the practice. Including auditing of physicians and charges per CPMP audits. Assists with departmental inquiries as requested by supervisor. Entering of charges for multiple providers in patientkeeper. Periodic review of missing charges to ensure maximum revenue is captured.
- Other duties or projects as assigned.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans. If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Clerical Specialist II
Job Field: Clerical/Secretarial
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Ophthalmology-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 7:30-4pmOphthalmology-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Apr 3, 2018
Posting End Date: Apr 17, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: $39,000 to $50,000/[email protected] CWE
Salary Grade: N7