BBA RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
JOB NO.: 94078-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: SCH OF BUSINESS UG ADMISS
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 94078-AS
Working Title: BBA Recruitment & Admissions Counselor
Official Title: SR STUDENT SERV COORD(T25BN) or STUDENT SERVICES CORD(T25DN) or ASSOC STU SERV COORD(T25FN)
Hiring Department: A122004-SCHOOL OF BUSINESS/SCH OF BUSINESS UG ADMISS
Anticipated Begin Date: MAY 07, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $43,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business, marketing, advertising, sales, communication, or a related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Position requires a minimum of one year of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: college admissions and recruitment, academic affairs, student services, academic program management, sales, marketing, advertising, communications, customer service. Experience in higher education preferred.
The ideal candidate must display professionalism, including integrity, honesty, and discretion and have the ability to work effectively and gain the respect of prospective applicants, students and their families, as well as other constituents like high school teachers and guidance staff, professional organizations, students and alumni, faculty and staff.
License or certificate:
This position reports to the Director of Recruiting and Admissions of the Undergraduate BBA Program, as part of the broader structure of the BBA recruiting and admissions team. The Recruitment and Admissions Counselor will develop and execute, in consultation with the Director of Recruiting and Admissions, an effective strategy to recruit, review, admit, and yield direct admit, pre-business, certificate, and pre-college students.
Well qualified candidates will possess:
- Experience with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with an information system / CRM system like Microsoft Dynamics.
- Proven success meeting deadlines and goals while managing multiple projects, taking thoughtful risks, accepting new and ongoing initiatives, and proposing solutions to gain desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with various stakeholders including clients/students/customers in person and virtually.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and efficiently, both independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to a diverse working environment and to cultivating a diverse community.
- Excellent public speaking, interpersonal, comprehension, oral and written communication skills, and exceptional critical decision-making ability.
- Ability to provide outreach to a variety of audiences, including but not limited to junior and senior high school students, undergraduates and non-traditional prospective students interested in the Wisconsin School of Business.
- A keen interest in the identification and recruitment of a diverse and exceptionally talented student body.
- Ability to learn admissions processes and programs, have the ability to anticipate, embrace, and adapt to change.
- Exemplary work ethic, a strong sense of initiative, flexibility, discretion, sensitivity and excellent judgment
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to the Wisconsin School of Business and the student body.
This position may require some travel and work on evenings and weekends
Diversity and inclusion are primary values for the Wisconsin School of Business and are integral to achieving our strategic goals. We seek candidates with an awareness of and commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion across all spectrums. Our school is committed to continuously increasing the cultural competence of its staff and faculty members through school-wide forums and professional development opportunities.
Instructions to applicants:
Please note that Wisconsin School of Business is not able to provide sponsorship for this position.
Please complete the online application. You will be asked to provide a cover letter addressing your qualifications and experiences specifically relating to the responsibilities of this position and a comprehensive resume. All application materials will be reviewed by our search committee after the posted deadline. Applicants selected to participate further in the selection process will be notified directly. All applicants will be notified once a final selection has been made and the search has been completed.
NOTE: Salary for this position will be at or above the posted minimum rate based upon qualifications and experience.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 3 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Apr 18 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time