Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
Internal Audit - 902100
UNT HSC-Ft Worth
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
The objective of internal auditing is to assist members of the University in the effective discharge of their responsibilities. To this end, internal auditing furnishes them with independent analyses, appraisals, recommendations, counsel and information concerning the activities reviewed (Regents Rules 04.500).
Statement of Values:
To achieve organizational excellence, the Internal Audit Department is committed to providing a work environment based upon the following core values:
1. Promoting individual responsibility and integrity.
2. Showing individual respect and basic courtesy toward each member of the department.
3. Maintaining an open door policy for the freedom of expression and opinions by each member of the department.
4. Providing opportunities for personal growth and encouraging creativity.
5. Cultivating partnerships with departments, colleges, schools, institutes, centers and the community.
6. Striving to obtain understanding and mutual respect for all members of the University and the community based on trust, cooperation, and open communication.
7. Continuing to work for improvement upon ethical standards and core values both individually and as a Department.
8. Providing independent, objective analyses and assessments of all aspects of the University's operations with a focus toward quality, efficiency and customer service.
The Internal Auditor Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Senior Internal Auditor to join our team.
This is professional work in the office of Internal Audit, utilizing advanced auditing and accounting skills. Work involves performing surveys, reviews, and detailed audits in accordance with Audit Manual and office policies and procedures in order to assure legal and regulatory compliance. Work may also involve administrative responsibility for specific programs or functions, such as EDP audits or quality control, as well as the coordination and training of subordinate staff. Most field work is performed unassisted with the employee being expected to exhibit independence and sound judgment. Work is subject to routine review for accuracy and completeness by the Director of Internal Audit. This class of employee may supervise the work of Internal Auditor l's, ll's, and student assistants. Work performed by employees in this classification differs from the work performed by Internal Auditor and Staff Internal Auditor positions in the range of key responsibilities, the difficulty of audits performed, specific technical knowledge requirements, and related factors.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Reviews internal controls of various university departments.
* Reviews records/files for compliance with required internal policies and procedures, state and federal laws, governmental guidelines, etc. i.e. Financial Aid Programs, Grants, etc.
* Performs detailed audits on various departmental operation systems as assigned.
* Performs audits to determine amount of loss in operations where misuse of funds or theft has been implied.
* Drafts reports for department as requested by Director, i.e. Annual, Quarterly Progress Reports, Interim Audit memos, etc.
* Develops and updates training materials for subordinate staff; coordinates orientation and training for new employees; assists in or conducts performance reviews.
* Conducts reviews and evaluations of audit staff work papers.
* Maintains Audit Manual; evaluates and proposes changes to policies and procedures.
* Performs EDP audits including pre-production reviews.
* Coordinates work of other auditors on specified projects or as assigned.
* May assist in the development and preparation of audit programs and internal control questionnaires.
* May assist in report preparation including summaries, findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
* Pursues professional training opportunities.
* Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related subject; five years of auditing experience; and professional certification required-Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). Equivalent combination of experience, education, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered in lieu of business-related degree and experience requirements:
* Extensive knowledge of accounting procedures and practices.
* Considerable knowledge of statutes and departmental regulations affecting audit assignments.
* Considerable knowledge of governmental accounting procedures and practices used by a state supported institution.
* Skill in the operation of personal computers, word processing and spreadsheet software.
* Ability to apply established internal audit programs to specific appraisals dealing with operating procedures and directives.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is located on the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Ft. Worth job site. All applicants must apply online at www.unthscjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=60714
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting