Identity & Access Management Analyst
Requisition # 2018-8631
Department Enterprise Infrastr Services
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Do you want a job with a mission you can believe in? Are you dedicated to excellence in your work? Do you love working with colleagues across organization and disciplinary boundaries? Princeton University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) is recruiting an Analyst to join our Identity and Access Management (IAM) team.
On the IAM Team, we partner regularly with University leaders, campus technology specialists and commercial solution providers to deliver identity and access services for Princeton University. We evaluate and recommend new technology solutions and services, and we work with campus business partners to understand and address their problems.
In this role, you will combine analytical ability, technical integration skills, and creative thinking to contribute to IAM projects and operations. You will collect requirements, evaluate technologies, and recommend solutions for authentication and identity management services. You will apply a sound security orientation and customer focus to deliver high quality services.
You will collaborate with both IAM and other team members on the design, development, and operation of application interfaces, data flows, and authentication services. You will evaluate and configure both vendor delivered services and internal tools. You will plan transition of legacy systems to modern replacements, evaluate new and emerging access management solutions, and stay ahead of industry developments.
- Configure, develop, and operate the enterprise identity management infrastructure and solution.
- Design and administer various enterprise access management and authentication solutions.
- Collaborate with University departments to help them take full advantage of the latest authentication and authorization protocols.
- Five years of progressively responsible systems development experience, including design, analysis, implementation, and operations.
- Three years of experience with a variety of IAM technologies including user and system provisioning, authentication, authorization, and access management, including Aprereo CAS, Shibboleth, and ADFS.
- Three years of experience with directory services, particularly Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with Multi-Factor Authentication solutions, particularly Duo.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success working in a collaborative environment as well as independently.
- The ability to develop ideas and strategies to communicate with a diverse user base having various levels of technical proficiency.
- Dedication to seek out and disseminate information and ideas to and from peers, supervisors, and customers.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with both Windows and Linux
- Experience with at least one high-level programming language, systems automation using scripting, and/or infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with IT Service Management frameworks, specifically ITIL
- A Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work-related experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.