UK Healthcare is currently looking for an Echocardiology Technician to perform accurate and quality diagnostic adult cardiac exams in accordance with ICAEL guidelines. This person will have a good understanding of ultrasound equipment, accurate knowledge of medical terminology, as well as the cardiac disease process. They will be expected to perform accurate measurements and calculations, properly obtain data to disseminate and provide for physician interpretation.
H3130:Gill Heart Institute
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
7:30am-5:30pm rotating weekends and some holidays per departmental needs.
The ideal candidate will have an Allied Health degree;ARDMS certification; RDCS or RCS; experience performing echocardiograms and stress testing in a patient care center; general computer skills (to include Microsoft Office); and strong customer service skills.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Registered in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography and 5 years of experience in performing diagnostic cardiac echo exams preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience with strain, tissue Doppler and 3D imaging?
- * Do you have experience providing sonographer reports in echo report generating programs?
- * How many years of paid employment experience do you have performing diagnostic cardiac echo exams?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter