Hyde Park Campus
83766 Shared Services
About the Unit
The Shared Services Office (SSO) is a service organization dedicated to continuous improvement. We strive to deliver high quality services and an excellent experience so faculty and staff can focus on teaching and research. The SSO offers key procure-to-pay, payroll, human resource transaction services to customers through consistent processes and technology enhancements.
The Training Specialist serves as a strategic resource for training University staff on procure-to-pay, human resources, payroll, finance, and research administration processes and systems. This position will design and deliver training, work with responsible subject matter experts to develop high quality content, and ensure alignment with University objectives and initiatives.
- Facilitates and delivers in-classroom and web-based trainings, as well as develops job aids and reference materials to support retention of training content
- Catalogs all legacy training to ensure content is up-to-date and reflects current processes and procedures
- Collaborates frequently with subject matter experts to assist with knowledge transfer and accuracy/quality of content
- Oversees training curriculum, offerings and conducts sessions accordingly
- Selects frequency and communications of training offerings
- Designs and authors new training curriculum to support campus needs, inclusive of instructor materials and participant resources
- Works with University process leaders and subject matter experts to maintain and make appropriate updates to training content
- Develops customized solutions to support unit and divisional objectives
- Demonstrates superior facilitation skills in delivering learning and development solutions
- Assesses effectiveness of training delivery vehicles and leverages multiple technology mediums to increase training efficacy
- Maintains, develops, and tests user training materials for instructor-led training and online training content
- Works across teams to ensure that educational content is effectively deployed and represented on internal learning management system
- Performs other job duties as defined
- Exceptional customer service and collaboration skills
- Passionate about learning and utilizing new technologies to deliver effective training
- Strong writer with critical eye for nuance, detail and editorial principles
- Capable of analyzing and producing content through the eyes of the learner
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning principles with the ability to apply course design techniques
- Superior ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbal and written
- Demonstrated expertise in instructional design, technical communication, and multi-media content development
- Ability to lead and positively influence groups in a classroom setting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to create a learning atmosphere and build relationships with training participants and University stakeholders
- Working knowledge of and keen ability to explain technology systems to audiences with varying knowledge and experience levels
- Willingness to learn and actively seek out information to improve trainings =
- Self-starter who can deliver quality work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated history of balancing multiple priorities and projects simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business with a focus on meeting milestones and deadlines
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related technical area required
- Three or more years of experience developing and conducting trainings required
- Higher education industry experience is preferred
- Familiarity with administrative processes, procedures, and systems in a university setting preferred
- Finance, Procurement, or Human Resources experience preferred
Technical Knowledge or Skills (optional)
- Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & Excel required
- E-Learning Software (Canvas, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.) preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (if applicable)
- Normal Office Environment
All required documents must be submitted to be considered for this position
- Cover Letter
- Reference list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/