Creative Director-Masters & Executive Education Marketing
Hyde Park Campus
40610 Office of the Provost
About the Unit
Reporting to the Senior Director of Admissions for Masters and Executive Education, the Creative Director for Masters & Executive Education Marketing will help define the creative strategy and direction of UChicago masters and executive education programs for prospective students. You are a skilled brand storyteller able to drive both emotional and tactical stories across multiple prospective student touchpoints. Your evocative campaigns will reflect the passion, thirst for knowledge and global impact that embody UChicago students, faculty, and alumni. You will craft prospective students' brand integration strategies and execute at cadence that matches the excellence of our faculty research. You will monitor the performance of those strategies and iterate and improve our brand engagement with prospects. You will help craft messages and images that increase the value of UChicago masters and non-degree programs in the eyes of prospects and bolster conversion across the admissions life-cycle. The Creative Director will have experience championing the values of higher education to diverse audiences around the world.
You will collaborate with faculty and administrative leaders across graduate programs to elevate UChicago's standing with masters and executive education prospects across social media, events, website, email, and advertising.
- Define the creative brand vision and strategy for prospect-facing UChicago masters and executive education brand experience including website, email, social media, paid media, video and more.
- Lead brand and creative campaigns across above mentioned channels.
- Work with multiple stakeholder across the organization to help shape, support and continuously enhance the visual style of UChicago masters and executive education admissions marketing.
- Develop and manage a team of marketing designers and inspire a strong culture of creative within the marketing team.
- Collaborate with academic leaders to maintain the spirit of UChicago across creative campaigns.
- Manage creative agency projects as necessary.
- Seasoned at messaging to diverse domestic and global audiences.
- Collaborate with the admissions team to develop engaging messaging and assets to support recruitment.
- Skilled at marketing new programs and reaching new audience.
- Experience with video production and social media campaigns
- Comfortable designing for student acquisition and using consumer data to influence design decisions
- Skilled at out-of-the-box thinking and willing to take risks
- Ability to meld and motivate a creative team to champion the UChicago academic mission
- You are passionate about advancing education to change lives
- You are a leader and a humble executor who will dive in to complete a project
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years managing and developing program initiatives required
- Experience managing a design/creative team
- Prior experience working with a recruitment cycle in an academic setting
*Please read carefully. Candidates must submit all required documents to be considered for this position.
- Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/