Teacher Education and Administration Adjunct Instructors Pool (Fall 2018/Spring 2019)
Requisition Number FAC - 201000000244
Job Title Teacher Education and Administration Adjunct Instructors Pool (Fall 2018/Spring 2019)
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor to teach in Teacher Education and Administration Undergraduate and Graduate Schools.
UNT Dallas - the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city - seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families and communities by providing high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow's careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/
Qualified individuals are being sought to establish a pool of readily available talented persons from which these vacancies can be filled as they occur. The adjunct instructor is responsible for teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in the School of Education. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about teaching and student success.
UNT Dallas is hiring for the following positions to begin in the Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 semester.
- Bilingual Education
- Curriculum and Instruction - Math and/or Science Graduate Courses
- Educational Leadership Principal certification
- English as a Second Language Educator
- Multicultural Education
- Kinesiology / Movement in the general education classroom
- Science Education
- Special Education
- Student Teaching Supervision (all levels, all content areas)
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
- Master's Degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in the teaching area.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Teacher education, state certification in subject matter or administration for education positions*
- Bilingual (Spanish) for all Bilingual education positions **
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Terminal degree in the discipline or a closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate courses.
- Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff and faculty.
- Bilingual skills for positions in EC-6 Bilingual program***
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
As required to meet the academic schedule.
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant's interest, qualifications and experience for the position, and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Dr. Jerry Burkett @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.
University of North Texas at Dallas is an AA/ADA/EOE
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's Degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in the teaching area?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)