2. Keeps detailed project notes and records.
3. Assists with the development and implementation of project strategies.
4. Facilitates the development of project schedules, and ensures compliance.
5. Monitors project resources, budget, and hours, and prepares reports of project status.
6. Tracks and administers incoming paperwork.
7. Keeps all members of the team up-to-date with current information and paperwork.
8. Communicates regularly with all team members to ensure maximum efficiency.
9. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.Department Specific Functions:RESEARCH PROGRAMS
1. Execute administrative management of the research programs. Specific duties include, but not limited to, the planning and execution of special projects, maintaining timelines/check lists, scheduling meetings, and developing program status portfolios.2. As Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center membership expert, analyze, identify and recommend to respective work teams any potential:
a. Junior Faculty candidates to enroll in mentee program
b. Junior Faculty candidates to apply for intramural funding opportunities3. Lead coordination and execution of meetings involving faculty and Sylvester Program Leaders:
a. Select catering order, AV requirements, and arrange meeting space with UM facilities.
b. Collect and organize data/power point slides that will need to be presented at meetings.
c. Notify each participant of the upcoming meetings, agenda, and location.
d. Maintain electronic storage of information on meetings, including meeting announcements, attendance roster, hand-outs, and minutes. This position will also provide follow through on all meeting outcomes.4. Develop reports and presentation materials (coordination of information gathering and development of drafts for program leaders’ review and approval):
a. Program write up and review
b. Quarterly Publications Report
c. Core Grant submission
d. Financial reports5. Will work with the Manager to execute all Research Program External Reviews. These reviews are critical for the successful development of all the Programs. These Reviews require the position to manage all aspects of the External Reviewers’ visit and to work with the Program Leader to prepare for the Review Meeting by creating the pre-meeting materials and presentations. Once the critique of the Research Program is received, this position is responsible for working with the Program Leader to implement the Reviewer’s recommendations and tracking the progress. SYLVESTER MEMBERSHIP
1. This position will handle operations of the Sylvester Membership process. This includes providing the Membership application to interested faculty, analyzing the application, and vetting the application through the Membership Committee. This position will be expected to meet with faculty to discuss the Membership policy and the benefits Membership offers to Research and Clinical faculty. 2. Lead Sylvester Membership database efficiency project to improve database output; analyze reporting databases and recommend system configurations, design and modifications to the structure of the databases used by the Research Administration team; liaise with Informatics team on reporting requirements. This includes participation in regular design meetings where change recommendations are presented and shared with the rest of the group.3. Responsible for entering all new/updated members’ information (credentials, research description, etc.) into the Membership Administration System (MAS) and Research Knowledgebase, including data integrity.4. Responsible for tracking and entering Cancer Center Activities Participation into MAS which is reflected in Productivity Reports reviewed by Sylvester leadership for various decision making purposes. The information that is tracked includes Research Program Meeting attendance, Committee memberships, Sylvester Retreat attendance, internal collaborations, and special Scientific Seminar attendance. The Productivity Reports are utilized when allocating laboratory space, awarding additional research funding, and monitoring the progress that members have made since the commencement of their membership to Sylvester. 5. Primary point of contact for all Membership inquiries. Responsible for disseminating the current Membership roster to all stakeholders, and providing the status of applicants to the Committee and the Director. 6. Assist with the coordination of the Annual Membership Review. Currently, Sylvester has 307 members that need to be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure all members adhere to the Membership policy. This project entails for the position to:
a. Annually obtain updated research descriptions from Cancer Center members for use during the programmatic review
b. Generate and analyze data such as cancer related funding reports, clinical trials accruals, cancer-related high impact publications, and level of activity participation for each member
c. Propose recommendations regarding membership changes/updates
d. This data is then presented to the Membership Committee, comprised of 7 senior faculty membersRESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Will work with the Manager on coordinating and executing all Sylvester Programmatic mini retreats, symposiums and colloquiums. These activities are strategically organized in order to foster inter/intra programmatic collaborations among Sylvester faculty as mandated by the Cancer Center Support Grant guidelines. Attainment of this Center grant will in turn gain Sylvester NCI designation. The success of these activities depend on the meticulous management of the event structure and logistics. This position will be instrumental in completing all the planning stages and working the actual event while troubleshooting any inevitable discrepancies during the event. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field. Minimum 3 years of experience. Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships. Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail. Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines. Commitment to the University’s core values. Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment. Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office). Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Veteran/Disability Employer. Come join us!
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.]]>