Sacramento City College
Job Posting Number: C00560P
Salary: $5,083.38 per month (Exempt)
Closing Date: 4/20/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6726
Under the direction of the assigned administrator, supervise, coordinate and perform college bookstore operations to provide student, faculty, and staff with necessary books and supply items needed to complete their educational goals and assignments. [For a detailed job description for this LRSA Los Rios Supervisors Association posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Bookstore.
● Supervises, coordinate, and perform the functions and operations of large and complex college bookstores involving the acquisition and sale of textbooks, supplies, and other items.
● Assists the College Store manager in the planning and operation of the bookstore.
● Trains, supervises, and evaluates assigned employees.
● Ensures accountability and adherence to applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
● Utilizes and assists in maintaining the computer acquisition system.
● Oversees maintenance of necessary stock control records on major supply items.
● Oversees inventory, purchasing, and reordering of supplies, equipment, textbooks, and special orders.
● Oversees the receiving and shipping area of the bookstore, including but not limited to: a) receiving, stocking and pricing; b) processing overstock for return; and c) problem resolution with publishers and instructors.
● Supervises purchasing processes of textbooks requested by faculty for campus and off-campus centers.
● Oversee the repurchase process of books from students on an ongoing basis.
● Approves checks and refunds.
● Signs checks and money transfers.
● Authorizes payment for text invoices and freight bills.
● Develops and implements effective methods for displaying and advertising store items.
● Oversees bookstore online ordering of textbooks for students and bookstore website.
● Balances vendor statements with bookstore accounts payable ledger.
● Assists in periodic inventories of textbooks and their supply items available for sale in the bookstore.
● Assists with pricing, shelving, display, and selling of store products.
● Follows proper controls to assure that accounting and financial reporting are timely and accurate.
● Ensures for proper pricing of bookstore items.
● Works with operational budget.
● Assists with oversight of the store set-up for the beginning of each school term.
● Assists with coordination in bookstore activities with other campus departments.
● Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in a lead or supervisory position in any field. Three years of responsible bookstore or related retail operations experience.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; OR an Associate degree from an accredited institution AND two additional years of qualifying experience; OR if no college degree has been earned from an accredited institution, five additional years of qualifying experience (for a total of eight years of experience).
Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.