Asse/Full Prof & Dir of the Rehab Counseling
Associate/Full Professor and Director of the Rehabilitation Counseling Program
University at Buffalo, State University of New York
The Department of Counseling, School, and Educational Psychology (CSEP) at the Graduate School of Education (GSE), University at Buffalo-SUNY (UB) invites applications for a tenured/tenure-track faculty position at the Associate or Full Professor level beginning in August, 2018. This position is open to a motivated faculty member who will contribute scholarship and leadership to our long-standing rehabilitation counseling master's program. Applicants should have a record of scholarly publications consistent with rank at a research university, experience in administration of a rehabilitation program, CRC certification, and eligibility to serve as a core faculty within a CACREP-accredited rehabilitation counseling program. This tenure-track line requires teaching two courses per semester, student advisement and supervision, conducting a systematic program of research, and university and professional service. Interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, three sample publications, and the contact information for three professional references. Review of applications begins March 30, 2018 and continues until the position is filled.
CSEP houses faculty who are nationally and internationally recognized for their scholarship and commitment to teaching excellence. The UB rehabilitation counseling master's on-campus program was established in 1956 and a fully-online format was added in 2008. The rehabilitation counseling program is currently ranked #21 nationally in the Best Rehabilitation Counseling Programs (2015 U.S. News) and has been recognized among the top online programs (#4 in Best Online Master's Degrees in Rehabilitation Counseling in 2017 by thebestcolleges.org).
UB is a flagship institution in the SUNY system and a member of the Association of American Universities. Nationally and internationally recognized for its empirical and theoretical scholarship, GSE faculty are committed to advancing knowledge in the areas of social and educational opportunity, information access and use, cognition, and the science of learning, literacy across the lifespan, and interventions for wellness. Learn more about the University at Buffalo. The GSE is located on the North Campus, centrally located in the Buffalo-Niagara Falls region. The area provides a wide array of features including arts, culture, and environmental splendor. Learn more about the Buffalo-Niagara Region.
- An earned doctorate in Rehabilitation Counseling, Counselor Education, or a closely-related field which meets CACREP requirements for core faculty (or which meets grandfather provisions for existing rehabilitation counseling faculty or recent doctoral graduates: http://www.cacrep.org/for-programs/cacrepcore-affiliation-faqs/)
- Credential of Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- A strong record of scholarly publications and conference presentations consistent with the rank of Associate or Full Professor.
- Strong professional identity with rehabilitation counseling through active engagement in national professional organizations (e.g., NCRE, ACA/ARCA, NRA, CRCC)
- Evidence of successful university level teaching and experience
- Knowledge and skills to teach and work with persons from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in program administration
- Experience with counselor supervision
- Experience teaching within online environments
- Experience with program accreditation
- A record of securing external funding
Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications begins March 30, 2018 and continues until the position is filled.
Please submit the following with your application:
- A cover letter that includes a) relevant qualifications for the position, b) research and teaching interests, c) and a statement describing how you have worked to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in your previous position(s) and how you plan to continue to do so once on campus
- Curriculum vitae
- Three sample publications
- Contact information for at least three references
Detail of the position and application submission web link can be found at the UB Jobs website: http://www.ubjobs.buffalo.edu/postings/13830 For more information or questions, please contact the search committee chair:
Tim Janikowski, PhD, CRC
418 Baldy Hall
Graduate School of Education
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260-1000
The University at Buffalo is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic university community committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. Potential applicants, who share this goal, including veterans and individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.