Senior Academic Service Assistant
To assist the Assistant Registrar in oversight of Diploma processing including working with Diploma vendor on orders and reorders, updating SIS (IASU) with diploma status. This person will update the student record with all graduation status information including awards and honors. Oversee the Awards Convocation Program including all aspects of notifying departments and honorees, sending invitations, producing Awards Convocation Program, and producing presentation for Awards Convocation Program. Work with Publications and Provost to produce the Commencement and Awards Convocation Programs. Work with the Registrar to maintain the Academic Calendar and serve as Secretary (a non-voting member) of the Academic Calendar Committee. This person will also assist with other office functions.
- Provides quality customer services to students/faculty at window, on phone, and via email.
- Assist with counter duties and walk-in requests.
- Provide general information on policies and procedures to a diverse campus community.
- Complete registration and grading paperwork for an assigned group of students and walk-in students; process drop/add, withdrawal, and other registration related paperwork, etc.
- Provides assistance with registration issues, including telephone, e-mail and counter inquiries.
- Enroll/Register non-matriculated students and Audit status students.
- Evaluate and correct data in database based on data submitted by students on a variety of forms; (Change of Address, Change of name) notify the appropriate staff of changes.
- Creates, accesses, and updates student records in the database.
- Update Degree Audits for specified students and process waiver requests and substitution requests.
- Accept and verify Applications for Graduation. Assist with Graduation processing.
- Assist with requests for transcripts, process and enter appropriate data into database.
- Process grade sheets and change of grade forms.
- Communicate with students, departments, and faculty via email.
- Process transfer credits for 'Permission to Take' requests. Enter data in Colleague and verify appropriate documents.
- Assists with folder management for active and inactive students including scanning of student folders.
- Assist in updating the Registrar and Commencement Web Sites.
- Evaluate requests for late course withdrawal (i.e., within limits, discuss and advise the student; accept written requests for late course withdrawal; research attendance patterns; recommend actions to Registrar regarding the requests, etc.).
- Evaluate requests for complete withdrawals in concert with the Registrar (i.e., within limits, discuss and advise the student; accept written requests for complete withdrawals; explain billing responsibilities; recommend actions to Registrar regarding the requests, etc.).
- Responsible for all/part of the requests for transcripts and process request; correspond with transcript applicants regarding holds on their accounts; advise students who to contact to receive clearance; and follow up with departments that have holds against transcripts.
- Research records that are not easily found (i.e., correspond with the applicant and/or the agency requesting the transcript; check archival materials for older records to include stored hard copy records, misfiles, etc.).
- Assist with student/faculty presentations (Orientations, training sessions).
- Participate on Institute wide committees.
- Communicate with Internal and External constituents on regular basis (including Vice Presidents, Deans, Department Chairperson).
- Assist with Updating Degree Audits for specified programs. Recognize updated curriculum or curriculum revisions.
- Accept payments for transcripts and diplomas; account for and submit all monies received to the Bursar's office.
- Assists with various administrative duties when needed including processing of Study Abroad/Exchange Program documentation reports to Clearinghouse, course changes and additions, and;/or course scheduling.
- Research and analyze data used by Registrar's Office and other Offices on campus including; student graduation requirements, degree audit verification, and correcting inaccuracies in data.
- Provides assistance in disbursing work to staff.
- Responsible for transcript processing including producing and mailing transcripts.
- Assist with implementation of E-Transcripts.
- Assist with the Graduation Processing including working with the Provost and Publications to produce the Program for the Awards Convocation and Commencement. Update SIS with graduation, awards, honors and diploma status information. Process diploma orders and reorders. Giver input to policies regarding diplomas. Work with the Provost to Produce the Awards Convocation Presentation.
- Assist Registrar with maintenance of Academic Calendar for institute, including updating SIS with correct information and serving as secretary (non-voting member) of the Academic Calendar Committee. Maintain and disburse minutes and other materials to committee members.
- Maintain websites for Registrar's Office including Registrar, Commencement, and Academic Calendar pages.
- Maintain social media sites and respond to questions on these sites.
- Assist with the producing and proofing of all office publications including Bulletin, Academic Guide, Registration Packets, and Commencement publications.
- Assist Assistant Registrar with demographic data maintenance.Generate Daily weekly or monthly reports used for documentation purposes (i.e. enrollment reports, demographic reports). Must be able to verify the accuracy of the report, analyze the results, and make decisions based on the report and other data.
Education: 4 years of college or a bachelor's degree required, Post Bachelor course work Preferred or comparable work experience in higher education.
Experience: Two years of office experience required; preferably in an education setting.
Knowledge and Skills: Database knowledge and data entry experience required; knowledge of COLLEAGUE, MS Office, InDesign, Digital Imaging software or other application software preferred. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff, faculty, and students from diverse backgrounds, as well as foster development of positive environment for diversity and inclusion.
Other: Excellent interpersonal, organizational and verbal communications skills, as well as the desire and ability to troubleshoot, analyze data, and solve problems required.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references here: https://tinyurl.com/yd6gleuv.
PRATT INSTITUTE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND RECOGNIZES AND VALUES THE BENEFITS OF A DIVERSE WORKFORCE.