Support Professional, Training Solutions
Date: April 2, 2018
Title: Support Professional, Training Solutions
Position Number: 869
Hours: 24 hours/52 weeks (flexible)
Salary: APSS, Level C, $16.42
Reports to: Customized Training Manager, Training Solutions
Close Date: April 17, 2018
This position serves as the Customized Training Support Professional (Enrollment and Billing) to the Training Solutions Department under the School of Workforce Development by providing support to various processes within the department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide data entry for customized training students in College electronic systems (i.e. PeopleSoft, Continuity).
- Maintain trainee records, student/organizational IDs, prepare training certificates.
- Create invoices, track and post revenue to the College systems for customized and Continuing Education.
- Maintain orderly files and accurate information for timely internal and external reporting.
- Assist with mailings and typing of memos and forms.
- Respond appropriately to and direct telephone or e-mail inquiries for internal and external customers.
- Produce monthly reporting for customized training, including quotes, contracts, class expenses and revenue and MNJTP company progress reports.
- Assist with the preparation of correspondences, documents, presentations and forms.
- Organize and maintain effective filing system.
- Responsible for depositing cash and checks, following College guidelines, weekly.
- Process all credit card payments for customized training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in answering phones and guiding visitors.
- Coordinate work with other offices and departments and serve as back-up for M-TEC receptionist as determined by Customized Training Manager.
- Help arrange and prepare materials for meetings.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a business or educational setting required.
- Basic bookkeeping and billing knowledge preferred.
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) preferred.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software required.
- Willingness to learn PeopleSoft (CWIS), Continuity, and other electronic systems.
- Past history of dependability, excellent attendance, and punctuality.
- Demonstrated ability in customer service skills including effective communication and pleasant, helpful manner both in person and on telephone requiredDemonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Finalists will be required to complete an office testing module and meet minimum standards, plus possess excellent proofreading skills and have aptitude for detail work. An in-basket assignment may be required.
- Ability to work with details and figures to produce accurate information.
- Demonstrated initiative, problem-solving, trouble shooting and follow-up abilities.
- Ability to perform daily routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision.
- Must possess skills to work effectively with people of diverse ages, ethnic, sexual and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must meet minimum standards of the Administrative Professional Support Staff testing process (testing components: ability to type a minimum of 45-50 words per minutes, proficiency in basic math, edit/format letter, data entry, as well as in Excel/spreadsheets) plus possess excellent proofreading skills and have aptitude for detail work including recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs. The posting will remain open until April 17, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET. Please include your resume and cover letter in one document. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.