Assistant Professor, Librarian, Levin Library
Levin Library at Curry College seeks a skilled, experienced, and innovative librarian at the Assistant Professor level, to develop and lead the library’s program in the support of quantitative education, in alignment with Curry’s increasing emphasis on quantitative literacy as a student learning outcome. This position will begin in fall 2018. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
The successful candidate will develop an instructional and outreach program for students and faculty using quantitative methods in both the general education curriculum and across several disciplines. Additionally, the librarian will liaise with and support the college’s new Quantitative Commons and stakeholders, faculty, and technology to develop curation, management and support services for the curricular and research uses of data and software, and track and implement new developments in these areas as appropriate. S/he/they will collaborate with a librarian team in the delivery of information literacy instruction and active reference service, engage with teaching faculty in a liaison role, and also develop instructional services for the college’s online and hybrid programs.
- A Master’s in Library & Information Science (MLS) required.
- Experience: 2-3 + years professional experience in an academic library.
- Knowledge of and experience using statistical and data visualization software such as: SPSS and ArcGIS.
- Teaching experience at the general undergraduate level and/or at the graduate level.
- Experience with learning management systems such as Blackboard.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to represent library and college in both institutional and professional settings.
- Evidence of graduate level and/or continuing education coursework in relevant areas of statistics and data science preferred.
- Experience with research data management practices, protocols, and infrastructure.
- Knowledge of digital archiving and scholarly communication practices.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter including a description of your teaching philosophy, a statement of contributions to diversity (statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through teaching, research, professional activity, and/or service), a copy of your unofficial transcript (an official transcript will be required upon acceptance of an offer of employment) and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.