Public Safety Officer, SSPO (11pm –7 am)
Curry College invites applications for a full-time Public Safety Officer on the 11:00 pm – 7:00 am shift. Under the general supervision of the Director of Public Safety and the direct supervision of the Lieutenant, the Public Safety Officer SSPO is a security and dispatch services specialist who ensures that the college, its students, employees, guests and licensees are safe and that all property remains secure and unharmed and that all college, division and departmental rules, regulations are adhered to.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
Security Services Delivery: Provide the full array of institutionally authorized and directed security measures in maintaining the safety and protecting the integrity of the college, it’s students, guests, licensees and real and personal property. Security measures will include by way of illustration:
- Providing safety escort services for students, employees and guests;
- Maintaining a continual perimeter deployment and activity protocol to ensure appropriate procedures are followed for entering and exiting the campus;
- Patrolling the campus by vehicle or foot;
- Enforcing parking rules and regulations; implementing identification, lockdown and exiting procedures;
- Prioritize responding to health and/or safety related incidents with appropriate enforcement, communication and facilitation protocols implemented;
- Checking and securing the alarm system in all buildings on and off the campus;
- Provide both vehicular and pedestrian patrols to minimize unauthorized intrusion and/or damage to college property and ensure all emergency procedures are implemented upon any breach to the college community;
- Report writing for incidents or investigations;
- Provide communication center detail which entails voice, visual and text command post management as well as completing dispatch log;
- Dispatch duties also include operating all video surveillance, audio messaging and response, concentrating on deployment and emergency response as well as information intake for review and analysis by management;
- Greet visitors and provide information and directions as needed;
- Monitor incoming vehicles to ensure only properly identified individuals are allowed access to campus;
- Notify proper town of Milton emergency service agencies as directed;
Internal and External Contacts:
- Maintain regular contact with the Residence Life Staff, Buildings and Grounds as well as municipal agencies such as Milton Police Department and Milton Fire Department and state agencies.
- Special projects, by way of example- presentation to student groups on security practices; providing transportation to a candidate for employments to and from campus; sort and compile data concerning the parking program.
- An Associate Degree in Criminal Justice as well as a graduate of a Police Reserve Intermittent Academy (242 hours minimum).
- Ability to work additional day/evening and weekend hours to support a primarily residential campus; required to be on-call.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
- First Aid and CPR certifications required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or a closely related discipline.
- Security or other related public safety experience of at least one year is strongly preferred.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment physical examinations and background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.