AVP Budget and Financial Planning
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, public administration/policy or related discipline. Eight years of progressively responsible budget/finance related experience in a large higher education institution. Additional experience may not be used on a one-to-one basis to offset the educational requirements. The university offers market competitive salary and benefits. Grade EX.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- Financial planning & budgeting experience in the higher education sector.
- Experience with RCM or hybrid RCM models.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to explain complex financial information and make presentations to senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work to meet multiple, competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective leadership and management skills.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work with minimal direction and oversight.
Responsible for providing effective leadership and direction for the University of Louisville’s Budget Office including all policies, practices, and procedures related to the development, management and monthly monitoring of the annual operating budget, multi-year financial plan, annual capital budget, and all related financial forecasts and variance analyses. Oversee the daily activities of the University's Budget Office and manage a team of budget and financial planning professionals. Serve as a strategic partner with various campus leaders, including the Provost, Vice Presidents, and Deans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership to the Financial Planning, Budgeting, and Analysis operations by reviewing and enhancing existing processes and implementing best practices in the Budget Office.
- Coordinate the institutional budget process and ensure the timely development, oversight, and management of the University's annual operating and capital budgets.
- Prepare financial decision-making package for the President and Executive Staff. Perform special analytical and forecasting studies.
- Develop comprehensive budget estimates and prepare complex financial analyses.
- Develop and recommend financial policy for the University.
- Train University business administrators on budget and policy matters.
- Create and maintain predictive models using various statistical methods.
- Lead with the creation and implementation of fiscal planning tools and processes.
- Monitor University budget using exception reporting tools and inform senior leadership of potential fiscal issues.
- Research and recommend solutions to complex budget issues for the University.
- Manage team of financial professionals including providing direction, oversight, guidance, development, goal setting, project prioritization and scheduling, and performance management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, pregnancy, or veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact the Employment team at employ.edu or 502.852.6258.
How To Apply -Staff Positions
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Only ONE attachment can be uploaded per application. If you wish to include a cover letter or other documents, please combine them as one document with your resume/cv, save the document with a simple short title that contains only letters, spaces, or numbers, and then upload.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208. For more information, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone 502-852-6542.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6542 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.