Senior Administrative Assistant
Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, Nephrology Division
Posting Date: 03-28-2018
The Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology at the University of Virginia is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to join a proactive and progressive Administrative team, supporting a variety of clinical and research faculty. The ideal candidate will have the ability to learn and use up to date technology and computer applications, to effectively and efficiently manage work flow and physician administrative needs.
This position provides excellent customer service to physicians, external customers and fellow team members in a fast-paced, academic office. Duties include administrative support for physician faculty members, travel booking and reimbursement, coordination of visiting speaker schedules and divisional event planning. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is essential, as is the ability to work within a team of administrative support professionals, ensuring consistent excellence and constant process improvement.
High school diploma with a minimum of four years of experience working in an administrative assistant or high level customer service capacity required. Bachelor's degree may substitute for years of experience. Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of administrative office procedures.
2. Ability to maintain professional calendars with frequent changes.
3. Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse group of physicians, patients, and staff.
4. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills.
5. Ability to learn and use up to date technology and computer applications, to effectively and efficiently manage work flow and physician administrative needs.
6. Ability to initiate, prioritize, and complete diverse tasks, on schedule and with accuracy, in a fast paced environment.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team of administrative professionals.
8. Good judgment and decision making skills.
9. Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84219