Online MSW Program Coordinator and Instructor
- Serves as online MSW program coordinator. Reports to the Social Work department chair and communicates regularly with the department and college graduate directors and graduate school on matters related to the online MSW program.
- Oversees online program quality and consistency with CSWE standards. Supervises online master course development and maintenance.
- Assists MSW admissions specialist with management of online applicant files, admissions decisions, and recruitment activities.
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of online program marketing trends and online delivery best practices.
- Recommends yearly online course offerings and course rotations to department chair.
- In consultation with department graduate director, leads hiring and training initiatives for adjuncts teaching in the online program as well as online training for full-time instructors.
- Teaches four courses per year
- Engages in departmental, college, and university initiatives as appropriate.
Employment Conditions: A twelve-month, limited term, full-time appointment at the instructor level. Salary is competitive and dependent on academic qualifications.
Position Availability: July 1, 2018
About Winthrop University
Founded in 1886 and located in Rock Hill, South Carolina, Winthrop University offers its 6,000-plus undergraduate and graduate students an educational experience that blends liberal arts, professional programs, global awareness, and civic engagement. In its degree-granting Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Education, and Visual and Performing Arts, Winthrop embraces only those programs and activities that can be delivered at an exemplary level. Winthrop is well known for its inclusive and supportive campus environment, with University College supporting programs in both academic and student affairs. Winthrop University is achieving national stature as a competitive and distinctive co-educational, public, residential, comprehensive, values-oriented institution. The values of service, excellence, diversity, community, and leadership provide the foundation for the University’s continuing development and shape Winthrop’s continuing success. Numerous national accolades reflect the sustained high quality and value of the Winthrop Experience, including the most recent U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Winthrop as one of the top-10 public comprehensive universities in the South. Winthrop is an active member of the Rock Hill community and is recognized as a key component of the region’s economic resurgence. Approximately 20 minutes from Charlotte, North Carolina, Winthrop has direct access to and is engaged in a broad and expansive regional arts and business community. Winthrop’s beautiful campus encompasses a rich architectural blend of neo-Georgian buildings and is included in the National Register of Historic Places. The attractive recreational and research complex area that surrounds Winthrop Lake is home to Winthrop’s 18 Division I men’s and women’s sports.
Winthrop University is committed to providing a safe campus community. Winthrop conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Application review will begin on April 16, 2018.
- Letter of application
- Current CV or resume
- Evidence of effective online teaching
- Copies of all graduate transcripts
- Names and contact information for three professional references
- MSW degree from a CSWE accredited institution
- Two or more years of post-MSW professional social work practice experience.
- Familiarity and experience with CSWE accreditation standards.
- Evidence of successful experience with online MSW program delivery
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness in an online format.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to collaborative engagement within the department and across the university.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Doctorate in Social Work or related field.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Opens in new window Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Winthrop University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.