Advertising/Posting Title Laboratory/Research Technician Diversity Statement The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal. Posting Summary
Perform laboratory experiments and conduct activities in support of research efforts examining the effects of anesthesia and surgery on the developing brain.
Minimum Qualifications (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
Bachelor's degree in molecular biology or related field required. Experience with ELISA western blotting, tissue processing, immunohistochemistry, and microscopy required.
Experience with small animal research to include whole-animal electrophysiology and electrochemisty, stereotaxic surgery, and animal behavioral testing desirable.
Other Information Special Conditions Contingent on continued funding, Occasional overtime/weekend hours required, External candidates must complete a 4-month probationary period, A probationary period may be required for current UVM employees Category Job Type FLSA Non-Exempt Hiring Min (Represents full-time (12 months, 1.0 FTE) equivalent salary. Must be prorated for jobs less than 12 months or 1.0FTE (Salary/12 x # of months x FTE)) 29600.00 Payband Max (Represents full-time (12 months, 1.0 FTE) equivalent salary. Must be prorated for jobs less than 12 months or 1.0FTE (Salary/12 x # of months x FTE)) 56240.00 Staff Hiring Band No Response Staff Union Code NU
Position will be posted for a minimum of one week, after which it is subject to removal without notice.
Job Open Date 04/02/2018 Job Close Date (Jobs close at 11:59 PM EST.) Open Until Filled No
Position Title Lab Research Technician Posting Number S1519PO Department Anesthesiology/55500 Position Number 00024707 Employee FTE 1.0 Employee Term 12
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- American Alliance of Museums
- American Association for Affirmative Action
- Burlington Free Press
- Rutland Herald
- St. Albans Messenger
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Community Organization (Please specify below)
- Consortium of Higher Ed LGBT Resource Professionals
- Craig's List
- Department of Labor
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Diversity, Inc.
- Job Central
- Hispanic Outlook
- Inside Higher Ed
- Job Fair
- Listserv (Please specify below)
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- NCAA Job Market
- Seven Days
- Trade Show/Conference (Please specify below)
- UVM Catamount Job Link
- UVM Employee (Please specify below)
- UVM Employment Web Site
- Vermont JobLink
- Vermont Library Association
- Women in Higher Education
- Workplace Diversity
- Zip Recruiter
- Other (Please specify below)
- Please specify here where applicable. Enter "NA" if not applicable.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged.